MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

MMA Thread II

Post by thrill »

UFC 100 picks:
In no particular order, the main card: Lesnar over Mir, Henderson over Bisbing and GSP over Alves.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Lesnar beat the holy [expletive] out of Mir.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I guess the only thing left is for Dana White to offer a truck load of cash to Fedor who I think would get equally hurt by Lesnar.

How about that Henderson knockout? Good god he knocked Bisbing's head off. That was unbelievable.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

thrill wrote:I guess the only thing left is for Dana White to offer a truck load of cash to Fedor who I think would get equally hurt by Lesnar.

How about that Henderson knockout? Good god he knocked Bisbing's head off. That was unbelievable.
Seemed like Henderson was just walking around with his arm cocked. Hell of a knockout. That is the first time I've seen Lesnar fight. I didn't enjoy it. I don't watch UFC often, but I find it interesting, until it turns into professional wrestling, and then I am no longer interested. I think most people want to see Lesnar lose, but in all honesty, I would rather just hear about him losing at some point. It was like WWF or a bad Rocky movie tonight.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

thrill wrote:I guess the only thing left is for Dana White to offer a truck load of cash to Fedor who I think would get equally hurt by Lesnar.
Fedor would KO Lesnar. I can say this with absolute confidence because the man will never sign with the UFC. I fear Lesnar is the first of many jokes to come along. The HW division is gonna be overrun by a bunch of NFL rejects. Hope not, but you can see it coming.

I can't believe I cackled with delight when Hendo threw the absolutely unnecessary blow on Bisping. How true is the "Bisping's the #12 athlete in England" stuff they were talking about?

Big props to the Japanese guy who entered to this song and won. Beautiful. Not even kidding, I absolutely love the song and know I've posted it on this site before. And props to his opponent for choosing a Dylan song.

[/youtube]

Blitzer
All-Star

Post by Blitzer »

Lesnar is just a beast. He knew exactly what he needed to do in the fight and he did it. If youre stronger and outweigh your opponent, lay on top of him and just punch the [expletive] outta him.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

StLBlitzerMM515 wrote:Lesnar is just a beast. He knew exactly what he needed to do in the fight and he did it. If youre stronger and outweigh your opponent, lay on top of him and just punch the [expletive] outta him.
Now that Lesnar has a clue, he's pretty much unbeatable. It's gonna take a flat out lucky punch to beat him. He's easily the most dominating force the MMA world has seen IMO. And I love it.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Tambourine Man wrote:How true is the "Bisping's the #12 athlete in England" stuff they were talking about?
It was some dude's magazine rankings article. He's not actually the 12th biggest athlete in England. I loved that falling hammer fist. I was a little hesitant to be so happy about it until Bisbing finally woke up. Then I could laugh. Dana had been hiding him for so long, trying to build up the UFC in England. How anyone could ever think he'd beat Hendo is beyond me. Dan Henderson is a goddam legend, with good reason.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

thrill wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:How true is the "Bisping's the #12 athlete in England" stuff they were talking about?
It was some dude's magazine rankings article. He's not actually the 12th biggest athlete in England. I loved that falling hammer fist. I was a little hesitant to be so happy about it until Bisbing finally woke up. Then I could laugh. Dana had been hiding him for so long, trying to build up the UFC in England. How anyone could ever think he'd beat Hendo is beyond me. Dan Henderson is a goddam legend, with good reason.
Yeah, the #12 thing it seemed a bit far fetched. My initial reactions was to laugh at the Hendo hammer fist, but then it looked like Bisping might be paralyzed or dead. But the minute he sat up, one of my buddies screamed, "OMG, that was so [expletive] awesome!" The women in attendance were just appalled but the guys erupted in didyoujustseethat happiness.

Spoiler for violence
[SHOW]

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

USA USA USA USA

YEAH TAKE THAT ENGLAND

ARIZONA STATE, MUTHA [expletive]