One slight suggestion

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
Ryan's Shoulder Lick
Single A Minor League Player

Re: One slight suggestion

Post by Ryan's Shoulder Lick »

docellis wrote:
Ryan's Shoulder Lick wrote:What is forum creep? Wasn't that Snayke?
Are you outing yourself here?
Yes.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

cardslesson101 wrote:I'm not complaining but when you look at Baseball Talk, most of the thread on page 1 are GDTs. There are others which talk about baseball in general and the Cardinals. GRB isn't as big as NSBB where there are General Baseball and Cubs Baseball Forums, but I think GRB is big enough for one more forum.

4 out of the first 15 threads are game threads. That doesn't seem like much of a problem.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

docellis wrote:Are you saying you can't find a GDT unless it is a sticky?
Not sure what the issue could be. It's always the first couple threads the day of the game. Of course, I haven't been "in" a forum for years now, other than when starting a new thread.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Michael wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:I'm not complaining but when you look at Baseball Talk, most of the thread on page 1 are GDTs. There are others which talk about baseball in general and the Cardinals. GRB isn't as big as NSBB where there are General Baseball and Cubs Baseball Forums, but I think GRB is big enough for one more forum.

4 out of the first 15 threads are game threads. That doesn't seem like much of a problem.
And I think I actually like it better with the GDT left open until people are done discussing it, rather than wading through two different threads if you missed the game.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

lesson, you're supposed to be concentrating your mojo on flashchat.

Agreed with Richie. The post-game threads were unnecessary.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

Michael, another suggestion. Why not lock a GDT a few days after the game? The 100 page, 20 inning GDT should be in the archives. :D

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

cardslesson101 wrote:Michael, another suggestion. Why not lock a GDT a few days after the game? The 100 page, 20 inning GDT should be in the archives. :D
He used to lock then immediately after the game was over, prompting the post game threads. What's the problem with the GDTs?

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

Richie Allen wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:Michael, another suggestion. Why not lock a GDT a few days after the game? The 100 page, 20 inning GDT should be in the archives. :D
He used to lock then immediately after the game was over, prompting the post game threads. What's the problem with the GDTs?

I don't have a problem with GDTs, I just don't get what the point is of having them opened a week after the game.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

cardslesson101 wrote:
Richie Allen wrote:

I don't have a problem with GDTs, I just don't get what the point is of having them opened a week after the game.
Because it doesn't matter. Games from last week are either on page 2 or at the very bottom of the 1st page.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

docellis wrote:I like things like they are.
++