Talk about fantasy sports here
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:Bartlett is my only option and he's hurt. My OF is under performing, Granderson just came back, I picked up Soriano the very reason I picked up Glaus, because he was hot. It came back to bite me. Might just drop Soriano to get Cabrera, it may be a keeper next year. Esocbar and Cabrera are the only SS I would consider adding via FA.
If it's going to be a keeper next year push for a fresh draft, not keeping players from this year. I hate that.

If you're not gonna put Soriano in the OF every day, I'd pick up Cabrera to put in, he won't hurt you as much as some others.

Well, right now Soriano is one my starting OFers. So, I'm looking at dropping him or Swisher/Bruce.
I just look at the ZIPS predictions from Fangraphs, historical splits (are they second half players?), what kind of team they are on and how I expected them to do going forward. I personally, without research, like Swisher the least of the three.

Swisher is on a hot streak right now. I could drop Bartlett.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

I changed my mind. I'm gonna drop Hoffman for Cabrera.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Post by StatmanCrothers »

vinsanity wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:a hot 2 months by Ubaldo Jimenez doesn't suddenly make him a better prospect than Felix Hernandez.
I didn't think Jimenez would do what he's done so far, but I think there's reason to believe Jimenez will do better than King Felix for the rest of this season.
we have a keeper league, and I like Felix. Ubaldo is nice and if you already have him, I can see keeping him around or "trading high" ... but preseason Zips, by our scoring system, has Felix at 501 pts and Jimenez at 408. Barring injury to Felix, I can't imagine Jimenez's hot 2 months and Felix's lukewarm 2 months can account for that difference. I'd put even money or better that Felix will outscore Ubaldo for the remainder of the year (disregarding points already scored). Pitching is a fine fine art. If Jimenez had a streak like this in the middle of an up and down season it would look a lot different than starting the year this way.

But then again I didn't expect Cliff Lee to keep up at the pace he did the year he came on all at once.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Would you guys trade Lincecum for Kinsler + McCutchen in a forever keeper league?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:Would you guys trade Lincecum for Kinsler + McCutchen in a forever keeper league?
Nope.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

I probably would. Kinsler has injury problems, but pitchers are injury magnets. Adding in McCutchen cinches that for me.

Healthy Kinsler plus near potential McCutchen will be more valuable than Lincecum.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

clevername wrote:I probably would. Kinsler has injury problems, but pitchers are injury magnets. Adding in McCutchen cinches that for me.

Healthy Kinsler plus near potential McCutchen will be more valuable than Lincecum.
Really? I feel like you could do better than McCutchen for Lincecum.

He's a pretty good 5 Category contributor on a crappy team, Holliday doesn't have the steals, but more power and RBI's and is a good buy-low candidate.

Depending on scoring David Wright is a good target, so is Mark Teixeira, Tulo or Hanley depending on the owners.

It's not that McCutchen is bad, and Kinsler is nice and not a bad buy low, but I'd press harder for someone a lil. In a keeper league whenever I make a move I try to ask myself 'Does this improve my 6 core keepers'. I'd argue Lincecum > McCuthen so if you wouldn't keep Kinsler I wouldn't do it.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

My own question:

I've got ~8 potential keepers in one of my leagues,
Votto, A-Rod, Teix, Josh Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Elvis Andrus, Chris Carpenter and Justin Verlander.

I'm thinking about trying to move one or two to improve the 6 I will keep. Probably one of Carp/Verlander and then one of Hamilton/Cruz, which two should I move and who'd be a good target?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

vinsanity wrote:
clevername wrote:I probably would. Kinsler has injury problems, but pitchers are injury magnets. Adding in McCutchen cinches that for me.

Really? I feel like you could do better than McCutchen for Lincecum.

He's a pretty good 5 Category contributor on a crappy team, Holliday doesn't have the steals, but more power and RBI's and is a good buy-low candidate.

Depending on scoring David Wright is a good target, so is Mark Teixeira, Tulo or Hanley depending on the owners.

It's not that McCutchen is bad, and Kinsler is nice and not a bad buy low, but I'd press harder for someone a lil. In a keeper league whenever I make a move I try to ask myself 'Does this improve my 6 core keepers'. I'd argue Lincecum > McCuthen so if you wouldn't keep Kinsler I wouldn't do it.
Well here is the thing...

We keep 4... for forever... no time limit set.

My pitching is pretty stacked but my offense is hurting.

I already have Miggy at first and Morales well, on the dl. Those two are keepers imo.

My other two would be two of Mauer (prolly), Lincy (yes), Lester, or J. Johnson (if i lose Lincy).

But, if i trade for McCutchen and Kinsler, i'd prolly keep Cutch and just take whatever offense i can get from Kinsler.

when making trades in this league, i always am sure that if i'm trading someone who i'd keep for while that i'm getting someone i'd keep for awhile.

No one, and i mean no one is biting on any deals. Everyone is pretty stingy with their players. The person i am talking trades with desperately wants Lincy.

His other players include Ethier (who i'm not sure if i'm sold on), Fielder (don't need another 1b), and Texeira (see Fielder).

Lincy for Cutch + Kinsler fills two of my needs in one fell swoop.

I might try nabbing Braun for Lincy, but as i said, all the other manangers are being pretty stingy.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

vinsanity wrote:My own question:

I've got ~8 potential keepers in one of my leagues,
Votto, A-Rod, Teix, Josh Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Elvis Andrus, Chris Carpenter and Justin Verlander.

I'm thinking about trying to move one or two to improve the 6 I will keep. Probably one of Carp/Verlander and then one of Hamilton/Cruz, which two should I move and who'd be a good target?
Depends on your needs really. I'd like to see the rest of your team.