KyCardinalFan
Perennial All-Star

Re: Reds Magic Number: 38

Post by KyCardinalFan »

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Funny thread, and I'm all for trying anything. But as bad as we've played, our season really isn't even close to being over. There is still plenty of baseball left, some of it against the Reds.

jim

Post by jim »

There ya' go Carp, bring it home now.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

Awful thread.

JS04
All-Star

Post by JS04 »

Vidor wrote:Awful thread.
I'd say so far it's working

JS04
All-Star

Post by JS04 »

1-0 since thread start, picking up a game on the Giants in the WC, quite possibly picking up a game on the Phillies in the WC (down 5-1 in the 9th) with the Reds still to play

I'd say this thread is already successful

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

jim wrote:There ya' go Carp, bring it home now.
Meant for the game thread, I assume? :)

jim

Post by jim »

st.lewis11 wrote:
jim wrote:There ya' go Carp, bring it home now.
Meant for the game thread, I assume? :)

Yep.

Still 38 [expletive].

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

jim wrote:Funny thread, and I'm all for trying anything. But as bad as we've played, our season really isn't even close to being over. There is still plenty of baseball left, some of it against the Reds.
There's 6 weeks left. We basically have to be 1 game better than the Reds in 4 of those weeks, even the other two.

Additional good news is that the Reds are still just beginning the long treks out west, which can wear down a team, especially down the stretch. After this trip, they have to go back out to Colorado, come back, then go back out to San Diego at the end of a fun trip that goes Houston to Milwuakee to San Diego. I keep hearing of how easy the Reds' schedule is because they play so many NL Central teams and home games, but this travel schedule is a beast.

Cards have a lot of travel left, but the trips are a bit easier, and only one stop against a good team (ATL). This upcoming road trip is against 3 of the worst teams in baseball. Given, this season that usually means we'll lose more than we win, but it at least gives us decent hope of making it a 7-3 or better trip.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

Popeye_Card wrote:
jim wrote:Funny thread, and I'm all for trying anything. But as bad as we've played, our season really isn't even close to being over. There is still plenty of baseball left, some of it against the Reds.
There's 6 weeks left. We basically have to be 1 game better than the Reds in 4 of those weeks, even the other two.

Additional good news is that the Reds are still just beginning the long treks out west, which can wear down a team, especially down the stretch. After this trip, they have to go back out to Colorado, come back, then go back out to San Diego at the end of a fun trip that goes Houston to Milwuakee to San Diego. I keep hearing of how easy the Reds' schedule is because they play so many NL Central teams and home games, but this travel schedule is a beast.

Cards have a lot of travel left, but the trips are a bit easier, and only one stop against a good team (ATL). This upcoming road trip is against 3 of the worst teams in baseball. Given, this season that usually means we'll lose more than we win, but it at least gives us decent hope of making it a 7-3 or better trip.
Exactly what I pointed out in earlier threads Popeye. The Cardinals do not travel past Houston the Rest of the year.