Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
My Josh Hancock Tribute Video
Replies: 8
by
Bizzy15 »
April 30 07, 2:43 pm
First post
I'm no movie making genius but I made one for Hancock today.. just uploaded it..
Song is What I've Done by Linkin Park!
Youtube Link
Didnt...
Last post
Fantastic tribute! :(
8 Replies
1820 Views
Last post by stlmark
April 30 07, 7:05 pm
Any Interest in Brian Anderson?
Replies: 18
by
Hungary Jack »
April 30 07, 11:47 am
First post
The White Sox sent him down to AAA today, and I don't think his long-term future here in Chicago is that rosy given the OF prospects that the Sox...
Last post
I'm sure we wouldn't be the only ones inquiring about his services.
I think he'd fit in nicely.
18 Replies
3005 Views
Last post by clevername
April 30 07, 6:24 pm
Steve Phillips' NL Central comments
Replies: 10
by
mikechamp »
April 30 07, 11:12 am
First post
From an ESPN chat. This comes with the official dillagii word of caution .
I included a Q&A about the Mets' clubhouse attendant in the middle of the...
Last post
I vaguely recall Phillips commenting back when he was still the GM that while he didn't condone the use of enhancing substances, he didn't want his...
10 Replies
3056 Views
Last post by Jmodene
April 30 07, 4:54 pm
Starter for Tuesday?
Replies: 24
by
Michael »
April 30 07, 1:33 pm
First post
La Russa and pitching coach Dave Duncan plan to give reliever Brad Thompson Tuesday's start against the Milwaukee Brewers. Thompson worked a...
Last post
Fulldeck,
You are correct. The injury-exception rule does apply here so the Cards could indeed have recalled Keisler if they had been so inclined....
24 Replies
4669 Views
Last post by Jmodene
April 30 07, 4:50 pm
Josh Hancock lost in car crash, Game cancelled.
Replies: 237
by
stldogget05 »
April 29 07, 9:27 am
First post
Just saw this on the official website.
Last post
I wish someone could find this. I remember last year FSN did a piece with Hancock and (IIRC) Rusty Wallace. He's a Cards fan and Hancock loved...
237 Replies
88678 Views
Last post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt
April 30 07, 3:53 pm
Yankees imploding?
Replies: 25
by
Michael »
April 30 07, 9:01 am
First post
They have the 3rd worst record in baseball (9-14) and Torre might get fired. It'll be interesting to see how much money they'll throw at The Rocket....
Last post
I just think how sad it would be to be Torre's age and have to live the rest of my life on his meager retirement. Wait a minute, I am almost Torre's...
25 Replies
4945 Views
Last post by Old_Timer_1944
April 30 07, 3:29 pm
RP Dennis Dove Called up
Replies: 15
by
Bizzy15 »
April 30 07, 1:29 am
First post
Dove, who had been pitching for the Class AAA Memphis Redbirds, was called up to the St. Louis Cardinals Sunday. Dove will be with the Cardinals...
Last post
I really hope he makes the most out of it and does well. I can't even imagine how awkward that must feel for him to walk into the clubhouse today....
15 Replies
4067 Views
Last post by Capt_Morgan
April 30 07, 3:27 pm
Those Royals find a unique way to lose
Replies: 5
by
fanforever »
April 30 07, 6:59 am
First post
Here's the situation:
Last of the seventh inning, Mariners have runners at second and third, two outs. Game is tied Mariners 1 Royals 1.
Willie...
Last post
Tough break. But I can tell you from experience you basically have no control on those foul tips. They either go in your glove or they don't.
The...
5 Replies
1739 Views
Last post by StL Dan
April 30 07, 1:52 pm
We've Talked Reyes Plenty...How about Wainwright?
Replies: 18
by
Cronos »
April 30 07, 10:09 am
First post
(Sorry if this has already been discussed in the Saturday game/post-game thread if there was one, I thought the topic deserved it's own thread)....
Last post
Steve, I believe Wainwrights fastball hits the low 90's.
OK. I'd stand by a typical range of 88-91, but am open to a more accurate description if...
18 Replies
3600 Views
Last post by skmsw
April 30 07, 1:07 pm
Buster Olney's NL Central comments
Replies: 9
by
mikechamp »
April 30 07, 11:59 am
First post
From an ESPN chat:
Mandatory Linkage:
=============
Buster Olney
Hey, folks, sad day, following the death of Josh Hancock. We can talk about that,...
Last post
If he comes back and he's successful the Card's could sign him for a nickel. :wink:
Now, now. Don't get too excited. He's still represented by...
9 Replies
2214 Views
Last post by mikechamp
April 30 07, 12:24 pm
Pujols vs Arod April madness
Replies: 6
by
Secret Weapon »
April 29 07, 8:43 pm
First post
Pujols' April 2006
G: 25
AB: 81
AVG: .346
HR: 14
RBI: 32
OBP: .509
SLG: .914
Arod's April 2007
G: 22
AB: 89
AVG: .348
HR: 14
RBI: 34
OBP: .412...
Last post
Lets hope Arod has Pujols's April, and Pujols has Arods April...IN MAY!
++
Additionally, can Jimmy please have his own June and July of 04 in May...
6 Replies
1978 Views
Last post by Leeyat
April 30 07, 8:28 am
Colorado SS Tulowitzki turns unassisted triple play
Replies: 8
by
Michael »
April 29 07, 7:04 pm
First post
Tough day, just trying to take my mind off things...
DENVER (AP) -- Colorado shortstop Troy Tulowitzki turned a rare unassisted triple play, and...
Last post
He was just throwing the ball around everywhere. :lol:
Ha! I counted 5 outs on that play.
1. Linedrive.
2. Touch 2nd
3. Tag a runner.
4. Touch 2nd...
8 Replies
1699 Views
Last post by jim
April 30 07, 8:27 am
Explain Reyes' New Problem
Replies: 29
by
Fat Strat »
April 28 07, 9:53 am
First post
Reyes turned around one recurring question when he roared through the first inning with three strikeouts. But the big inning bit him again; it just...
Last post
Out of 23 batters Reyes had 0-2, he went on to strike out 7 of them. For a guy who had been striking out more than a batter per inning throughout his...
29 Replies
5452 Views
Last post by Phyrkrakr
April 30 07, 2:38 am
Josh Hancock:Official trouper of the St. Louis Cardinals
Replies: 25
by
jim »
April 28 07, 4:30 pm
First post
The guy gets all the slop, and keeps coming out and doing his job. I really appreciate a guy like that. Whatever tiny chance of coming back in this...
Last post
04/29/2007 6:56 PM ET
Baseball Perspectives
Mike Bauman
Hancock's death stuns baseball
Cardinals reliever's tragedy puts things in perspective...
25 Replies
6426 Views
Last post by fulldeck
April 29 07, 7:19 pm
Narveson Update
by
Jmodene »
April 29 07, 5:29 pm
Pitched today (6 innings, 5 runs, got the win anyway, 8-5). Obvously, he was not going to be called up for the Tuesday start in Milwaukee (although...
0 Replies
2230 Views
Last post by Jmodene
April 29 07, 5:29 pm
Cardinals Schedule for the Week?
Replies: 9
by
Fat Strat »
April 29 07, 4:12 pm
First post
Any word on this yet? The funeral will be on Thursday, we've heard that, but are they playing between now and then?
I'm assuming that we'll just...
Last post
To answer the question:
The Cards still have seven relievers on staff, with the recent callup of Kelvin Jimenez. With the cancellation of today's...
9 Replies
2765 Views
Last post by Jmodene
April 29 07, 5:24 pm
Chris Duncan in Left: Making the Routine Look Like Roulette
Replies: 36
by
Hungary Jack »
April 25 07, 4:53 pm
First post
I am not being too critical, but some of Chris Duncan's early season circus catches that have been featured on BBTN and MLB.com were fairly routine...
Last post
Not trying to defend Duncan, but So, Jimmy, and Preston have looked just as bad.
so so true...
36 Replies
5801 Views
Last post by DynamicDynamite
April 29 07, 5:09 pm
Carlos Zambrano.
Replies: 14
by
Ace »
April 29 07, 2:54 am
First post
Never seen his control or stuff as bad as it was tonight against the Cardinals. I know you wouldn't think that after looking at his line but did...
Last post
To be honest, I would be a bit concerned with Big Z if I were a Cubs fan. He doesn't look nearly as nasty as he has in the past, velocity is down,...
14 Replies
2805 Views
Last post by Michael
April 29 07, 3:43 pm
4-28 Post Game Thread
Replies: 25
by
jim »
April 28 07, 4:44 pm
First post
Pujols is swinging the bat well, and I've already given my impressions on Hancock.
Last post
I just wanted to point this out, then back to grieving for Hancock.
Carlos Zambrano, who is tied for the NL lead in walks, didn't walk a single...
25 Replies
4022 Views
Last post by Phyrkrakr
April 29 07, 11:34 am
External factors in pitching wins?
Replies: 16
by
planet planet »
April 27 07, 10:49 am
First post
Is there any research on what correlates to more pitching wins, run support or bullpen support?
Last post
Thanks for this, gentlemen! This topic is very interesting! =D>
16 Replies
2817 Views
Last post by Leeyat
April 29 07, 6:17 am
Carpenter Completes Step One
Replies: 10
by
Jmodene »
April 28 07, 2:08 pm
First post
ST. LOUIS-- Chris Carpenter cleared one hurdle Saturday morning and will have to wait until Sunday to see if he clears the next one.
Still sidelined...
Last post
Just hope he can be back soon, we need him very badly!
QFT! and TIT!
QFT = ?
TIT = ?
:oops:
Help badly need! :wink:
Quoted For Truth
This Is...
10 Replies
2303 Views
Last post by Leeyat
April 29 07, 3:55 am
GDT: 4-28 CHI (Zambrano) at STL (Wainwright), 2:55 pm
Replies: 64
by
haltz »
April 28 07, 1:26 pm
First post
St. Louis scored fewer than four runs for the 15th time this season. On Saturday, they will try to figure out Cubs ace Carlos Zambrano (1-2, 6.91...
Last post
I hate to check in on the thread late, but the Cards really are a bad team.
It will be several years before they can build an offense that resembles...
64 Replies
7531 Views
Last post by phins
April 28 07, 5:01 pm
4-27 Post Game Thread
Replies: 101
by
Ace »
April 27 07, 9:04 pm
First post
What an aggravating game.
I don't even know where to begin.
Last post
Did we seriously have 24 runners LOB last night? that can't be right.
Technically yes they did. Keep in mind that they add them up per AB so in the...
101 Replies
11387 Views
Last post by fulldeck
April 28 07, 11:25 am
Jason Marquis
Replies: 13
by
Hungary Jack »
April 27 07, 7:58 pm
First post
I am sure many of are wondering why the heck couldn't this guy pitch like this for us? I know I have.
But in watching him tonight, I wonder if it's...
Last post
I completely expect him to suck when all is said and done.
I expect Marquis and Bennett to get into a fist fight.
That would make my decade.
13 Replies
2341 Views
Last post by bronx_bird
April 28 07, 7:36 am
Randy Keisler Sent Down to Memphis, K. Jiminez Recalled
Replies: 12
by
Cronos »
April 27 07, 3:09 pm
First post
Jimenez was pitching well at Memphis, 12 Ks in 11.1 IP and a 1.59 ERA.
--B
Yay for no more Keisler. I've wanted to see what Jiminez can do since...
Last post
Id almost say there will be a turn in the rotation between now and whenever Carp comes back.. i think its at least another turn so I would almost...
12 Replies
2302 Views
Last post by DynamicDynamite
April 28 07, 2:23 am
Life After Eckstein
Replies: 62
by
GatewaySnayke »
April 25 07, 9:39 pm
First post
In the GDT, I said that I wouldn't be upset if the Cardinals let Eckstein walk after the season.
It was pointed out that the options could be pretty...
Last post
In hindsight, the Cardinals have learned that trading your best prospects is not smart. That's why they never dealt Reyes or Wainwright, and it's why...
62 Replies
7936 Views
Last post by GatewaySnayke
April 28 07, 12:50 am
149 Replies
14691 Views
Last post by Dillagii
April 27 07, 9:05 pm
Vote Cardinals into the All Star Game
Replies: 8
by
DJ87 »
April 27 07, 2:23 pm
First post
Its only April, but you can already start voting in the All Star game. I've already used my 25 votes by voting a straight ballot of all Cardinals....
Last post
id rather none of them go and get 3 days off
8 Replies
1734 Views
Last post by Jocephus
April 27 07, 6:06 pm
Life After Keisler
Replies: 19
by
Hungary Jack »
April 26 07, 12:12 pm
First post
Thanks for your time Randy. We have some lovely door prizes for you on your way out.
If I'm not mistaken, we need at least one more start in...
Last post
Why not start Franklin? He was a SP before, just think he may be a better option than Thompson, .......
He's our setup guy. You create one hole by...
19 Replies
3127 Views
Last post by Leeyat
April 27 07, 5:44 pm
THT: Legends Among Us: NL Position Players (HOF)
Replies: 27
by
haltz »
April 26 07, 4:29 pm
First post
[quote= Jeff Sackmann ]April 25, 2007
In a pair of articles a couple of weeks ago, I looked at the active pitchers who are definitely, likely, and...
Last post
It's been written that Bill Mazeroski was the first player to get into the HOF solely for his defense (although I would argue that Rabbit Maranville...
27 Replies
3795 Views
Last post by Jmodene
April 27 07, 4:22 pm
How is Looper Getting it Done?
Replies: 20
by
Hungary Jack »
April 27 07, 11:58 am
First post
I would much appreciate a detailed explanation of how Looper is succeeding thus far in his role as a starter. I have not seen him pitch, and...
Last post
Voodoo
Who do?
you do!
20 Replies
2927 Views
Last post by wart57
April 27 07, 4:11 pm
Tribune reports Prior is done for '07
Replies: 83
by
TabascoElvis »
April 25 07, 1:59 pm
First post
Not that anyone is probably too surprised.
Prior underwent right shoulder arthroscopy by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. Andrews cleaned up...
Last post
Wait a minute...Since when is King Felix gone for the year? I thought he was on pace to come back next week?
You are correct sir!
From ESPN:...
83 Replies
9477 Views
Last post by doe_boy
April 27 07, 3:44 pm
Duncan late for game
Replies: 22
by
jim »
April 27 07, 8:32 am
First post
I recorded the game and was surprised when I heard Duncan only showed up 15 minutes before gametime. They said he was caught in traffic, but I found...
Last post
Yes Hancock was also late. He said he didn't hear his alarm because he was sleeping so well in his new bed. His team mates had to call him and the...
22 Replies
3257 Views
Last post by Swatcat27
April 27 07, 2:43 pm
Jerry Crasnick's NL Central comments
Replies: 11
by
mikechamp »
April 27 07, 10:43 am
First post
From an ESPN chat.
I had to leave about 15 minutes early, but I'll be back for Jayson Stark's comments this afternoon.
Mandatory Linkage:...
Last post
But, Polanco did really good in the ALCS last year, shouldn't that cover the 10 year career of Rolen? #-o
It's the ESPN generation. :lol:
11 Replies
2582 Views
Last post by Cronos
April 27 07, 2:14 pm
The Friday Exit Poll
Replies: 26
by
valley_card22 »
April 27 07, 7:31 am
First post
Good morning. Big series this weekend, in case you hadnt noticed. Big weekend all around. Time for the Exit Poll
1. The offense is starting to show...
Last post
7. What was the theme of your senior prom? A Night in Paris
you might want to get tested for std's if she was there
-Brodie
I hate you Brodie,...
26 Replies
4562 Views
Last post by ndistops
April 27 07, 2:00 pm
Albert is the best first baseman in baseball
Replies: 16
by
omaha_red »
April 26 07, 8:21 am
First post
who are the best at every other position?
2b ?
SS ?
3b ?
LF ?
CF ?
RF ?
C ?
SP ?
Closer ?
Last post
AP
Kennedy
The Eck
Rolen
Duncan
Edmonds
Wilson
Yadi
Looper / Izzy
-Brodie
You're sick.
I thought I was disturbed?
-Brodie
Both.
fair...
16 Replies
3168 Views
Last post by Brodie
April 27 07, 1:01 pm
Jayson Stark's NL Central comments
Replies: 6
by
mikechamp »
April 27 07, 12:01 pm
First post
From an ESPN chat:
Mandatory Linkage:
=============
Felix Pie is proving that the Cubs should keep him in the everyday lineup. What should they do...
Last post
a sad realization I had while reading that: I think you might be able to make a strong argument that the Marlins lineup is better than the Cards....
6 Replies
1592 Views
Last post by heyzeus
April 27 07, 12:50 pm
Interesting Lab Study
Replies: 84
by
skmsw »
April 25 07, 8:15 am
First post
This topic comes up from time to time, and we have an interesting opportunity to examine it from a slightly different perspective now.
Like...
Last post
So TFG and doc had it right - it's baseball and I love it.
No argument there, jim. :cool:
Rad, when's your 5000 posts celebration party? Dont...
84 Replies
12118 Views
Last post by Dillagii
April 27 07, 12:48 pm
The almighty save!
Replies: 61
by
jim »
April 26 07, 8:00 am
First post
Sometime in the past 20 years, the Save has become the coveted stat in all of baseball. Only the anointed are allowed to pursue them, and apparently...
Last post
Let's say Isringhausen is the best reliever. If the opponent has runners on the corner with one out in the top of the seventh inning, do you want...
61 Replies
11376 Views
Last post by jim
April 27 07, 12:38 pm
Pitching stat
Replies: 13
by
Izzyman »
April 27 07, 11:17 am
First post
I have always wanted to envent a pitching statistic that took into account both IP and ERA to try and see the overall value of a pitcher and I think...
Last post
I have always wanted to envent a pitching statistic that took into account both IP and ERA to try and see the overall value of a pitcher and I think...
13 Replies
2462 Views
Last post by Izzyman
April 27 07, 11:51 am
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum