CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 5/15 GDT: Cardinals(Wainwright)@Padres(Paddack) 7:40 PM CT

Post by CardsofSTL »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Whenever Tommy Edman has crossed the plate, the Cardinals could almost rest easy, knowing a win would follow. Entering the series opener in San Diego, St. Louis was 17-0 in games in which Edman scored a run. But, in Edman’s hometown, that record fell to 17-1.
DeJong’s replacement <at SS> for the time being is Tommy Edman, who on Friday was in the lineup for his second consecutive start at shortstop. Matt Carpenter is primed for more time at second base. Edman, drafted as a shortstop, has played primarily second and right field this season but has six positions on his big league ledger, including 14 starts at short.

“We're going to give him an opportunity to go play, and it gets Carp in there,” Shildt said. “We're not absolutely married to it … but we feel comfortable and confident with Tommy in short.”

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I would give Moroff or Sosa a start today. Waino can use the good D behind him and it's not like they will hit any worse than Carpenter has been.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 15 21, 5:45 am
I would give Moroff or Sosa a start today. Waino can use the good D behind him and it's not like they will hit any worse than Carpenter has been.
Moroff’s career MLB numbers aren’t much different than Carp’s 2021 numbers. He’s awful.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The San Diego Padres are 9-10 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the St. Louis Cardinals who are 9-6 on the road this season. The Padres have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Padres\' starter Chris Paddack is forecasted to have a better game than Cardinals\' starter Adam Wainwright. Chris Paddack has a 43% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Adam Wainwright has a 23% chance of a QS. If Chris Paddack has a quality start the Padres has a 80% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 6.5 and he has a 52% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Padres win 65%. In Adam Wainwright quality starts the Cardinals win 46%. He has a 34% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 46% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the San Diego Padres is Javier Guerra who averaged 3.53 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 79% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Padres have a 72% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Nolan Arenado who averaged 2.25 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 37% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 54% chance of winning.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

That A.S.S. is A.S.S.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
May 15 21, 7:45 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
Moroff’s career MLB numbers aren’t much different than Carp’s 2021 numbers. He’s awful.
BUT he was kinda on fire before the call up. Can we please play a guy whose seeing the ball well WHILE HE'S STILL SEEING THE BALL WELL? I know we are not a microcosm, but he's got experience at this level. We wasted Nogs because of Marp(he would've fit at 1st while Goldie was ailing). I'll bet Max is willing to sacrifice himself to move runners over. Unlike Carpenter...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
May 15 21, 7:45 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
As I said...all things being equal I will take the better defense with Wainwright on the hill.