Bally's App and Spectrum Internet

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
beehut
Fringe Major League Player

Bally's App and Spectrum Internet

Post by beehut »

I had to go back to find the post, and it was in May of '21 when I'd realized I could use my Spectrum Internet-Only login to link Spectrum to the Bally's App to watch Cards games. This was probably a month or two after YouTubeTV had dropped the Sinclair stations after their dust-up. Which was coincidentally not long after getting rid of DirecTV and getting Rokus for every TV in the house because YouTubeTV had FSMW.

Went to turn on the Pirates game over the weekend with no luck, it had looked like there was some issue with Spectrum and the region, like I wasn't authorized to view the game - almost like a blackout. I saw others on Reddit (a Brewers Forum, actually) were having the exact same issues, same error messages.

They then realized earlier this week that a blogger had become aware of the possibility of using an internet-only Spectrum account to view the Bally Sports app. So he blogs about it. AND contacts the PR Departments of Sinclar/Bally's and Spectrum to find out why it works...and they cancel access two days later for all of the internet-only logins.

"It was fun while it lasted...", he says. Oops!

One guy on Twitter/Reddit said he'd been using his internet-only login for three years. This guy ends it after two days.

https://www.techhive.com/article/702445 ... ernet.html

https://twitter.com/OneJaredNewman/stat ... 5306633219

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Bally's App and Spectrum Internet

Post by heyzeus »

I've used my spectrum internet-only account to log in to a few streaming apps....but the first rule of streaming internet club is...

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

heyzeus wrote:
May 26 22, 2:09 pm
but the first rule of streaming internet club is...
Exactly. Always want to help out fellow MLB TV haters here...but, this.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

beehut wrote:
May 26 22, 1:37 pm
I had to go back to find the post, and it was in May of '21 when I'd realized I could use my Spectrum Internet-Only login to link Spectrum to the Bally's App to watch Cards games. This was probably a month or two after YouTubeTV had dropped the Sinclair stations after their dust-up. Which was coincidentally not long after getting rid of DirecTV and getting Rokus for every TV in the house because YouTubeTV had FSMW.

Went to turn on the Pirates game over the weekend with no luck, it had looked like there was some issue with Spectrum and the region, like I wasn't authorized to view the game - almost like a blackout. I saw others on Reddit (a Brewers Forum, actually) were having the exact same issues, same error messages.

They then realized earlier this week that a blogger had become aware of the possibility of using an internet-only Spectrum account to view the Bally Sports app. So he blogs about it. AND contacts the PR Departments of Sinclar/Bally's and Spectrum to find out why it works...and they cancel access two days later for all of the internet-only logins.

"It was fun while it lasted...", he says. Oops!

One guy on Twitter/Reddit said he'd been using his internet-only login for three years. This guy ends it after two days.
BARTMAN!!

beehut
Fringe Major League Player

Post by beehut »

"How long will it last?

I’m also aware that by publicizing this workaround—and asking each company’s PR reps about it—I’m raising the odds that Bally Sports or Spectrum might shut it down. Then again, I have repeatedly implored people to never pay for Paramount+, and that doesn’t seem to have deterred Paramount from giving its streaming service away month after month. I’m under no illusions about my sphere of influence."

Two days later...

"Update: As of Friday afternoon, May 20, this trick no longer appears to work, with video streams from Bally Sports showing an error message while logged in via Spectrum. It was fun while it lasted."

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Does anyone have the lowdown on mlbshow.com and their streams? Someone was talking about it the other day but I have never looked into it.