Youtube TV drops MLB Network (1/31/23)

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
beehut
Fringe Major League Player

Youtube TV drops MLB Network (1/31/23)

Post by beehut »

Hadn't seen anything on this until I noticed a few folks complaining on Twitter. Just in time for the WBC and the season!

I'm going to watch and attend more St. Louis CITY soccer games this year than Cardinals games. Congrats, MLB!

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: Youtube TV drops MLB Network (1/31/23)

Post by cardsfantx »

Ehh I never really paid to the WBC anyways; and all the games on mlb network also play on mlb.tv so it doesn’t affect me for cards games.

I’ve never watched mlb network other than the draft

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

It really makes MLB mad when fans can watch their product on tv without a lot of trouble.

SunnyJim
Veteran Player

Post by SunnyJim »

Does anybody remember the pre-cable days when even a TV road game was a rarity?

And local TV Sports highlights from that era were mostly hand held shots from the press box level.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

SunnyJim wrote:
February 2 23, 6:12 pm

And local TV Sports highlights from that era were mostly hand held shots from the press box level.
I remember the really old days when you waited for Saturday and The Game of the Week with Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek. If I was just a little bit older it would have been Dizzy Dean calling the games.

As a kid it was Saturday morning cartoons, go play outside - sandlot down at the park a lot of the time - then come in for This Week In Baseball and The Game of the Week. You got to see the Cardinals maybe twice a season.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I've dropped many a deuce in my day, too.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
February 2 23, 7:07 pm
SunnyJim wrote:

I remember the really old days when you waited for Saturday and The Game of the Week with Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek. If I was just a little bit older it would have been Dizzy Dean calling the games.

As a kid it was Saturday morning cartoons, go play outside - sandlot down at the park a lot of the time - then come in for This Week In Baseball and The Game of the Week. You got to see the Cardinals maybe twice a season.
I think I watched Luis Tiant and Jim Palmer pitch more times on The Game of the Week than the law should have allowed. I loved watching the A's. The Pirates were on a lot, too.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
SunnyJim wrote:

And that was the only game you would see all week, so you'd be sure to watch it no matter was playing. Who though then that one day almost every game would be available on TV.

SunnyJim
Veteran Player

Post by SunnyJim »

Spider John wrote:
February 2 23, 9:17 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
SunnyJim wrote:

And that was the only game you would see all week, so you'd be sure to watch it no matter was playing. Who though then that one day almost every game would be available on TV.
Heh-heh, I remember when Mike and the Jaybird were doing road games on channel 5. Two camera shoot with a lot of Mike chuckling.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

SunnyJim wrote:
February 3 23, 4:19 pm
Spider John wrote:
February 2 23, 9:17 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
SunnyJim wrote:

Heh-heh, I remember when Mike and the Jaybird were doing road games on channel 5. Two camera shoot with a lot of Mike chuckling.
I was a kid in Memphis then and I do remember occasionally we'd have a station pick up the channel 5 feed on Sunday afternoons.