MLB TV Regular or Premium?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Jocephus wrote:
robbotis wrote:How's the picture quality when your run it through your TV?
i think we are gonna find out via jim
I will definitely report. My experiment so far has been tough to call, because the demo won't let you maximize the screen. Looking at the web page on the TV looked good. Given the bandwidth they are talking about, in theory it should look just like a normal TV broadcast.

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Post by Bo Hart »

I'll probably go with Premium. But I do think that the Mosaic looks gimmicky, and I think that watching six games at once would be very overwhelming/useless.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Kyle wrote:I'll probably go with Premium. But I do think that the Mosaic looks gimmicky, and I think that watching six games at once would be very overwhelming/useless.
Definitely.

I might put in two games at once, but mostly I like to concentrate on one thing at a time.

clement
Perennial All-Star

Post by clement »

jim wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
robbotis wrote:How's the picture quality when your run it through your TV?
i think we are gonna find out via jim
I will definitely report. My experiment so far has been tough to call, because the demo won't let you maximize the screen. Looking at the web page on the TV looked good. Given the bandwidth they are talking about, in theory it should look just like a normal TV broadcast.
I was able to maximize the demo on my computer screen.

From what I can tell, it definitely looks better than last year, but not leaps and bounds better.

The mosaic feature will be nice if you can quickly switch between games, but I've never liked even that Picture in Picture (PIP) feature on television sets. I don't even like all those news tickers you get, unless I"m trying to find out quickly the score of a game. :)

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

If you're on a Mac, you can download the Flip4Mac plugin from Microsoft, and there's a preference you set to have it launch the WMV file outside the browser in a Quicktime window. Then you can view it full screen.

I have to say it didn't impress me much full screen. I've downloaded tv shows that were of similar quality and while okay on the computer, they didn't look very good on my TV. I don't know if that's because it's a high def TV or what.

Balltilyafall4
Veteran Player

Post by Balltilyafall4 »

Have they done ANYTHING with the blackout restrictions yet?

I know they were discussing this...but it really bothers me that I live 330 miles from Busch Stadium (actually, the Pine Street Parking Garage...so probably like...330.4 miles or something) and I'm "blacked out" from getting the Cards on MLB.TV...we don't get FSMW, we get Comcast and WGN..

Black me out of the damn Cubs games, thats fine...but I haven't gotten FSMW my whole life...why the crap should I be blacked out?

As you can see I'm really bitter about this..and not only that...but don't they WANT my money? If I wasn't blacked out I would sign up for MLB.TV in a second..

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Can anyone give me an idea how much difference there would be between different internet connections? Right now I have Cox high speed internet but the lowest tier so I am wondering if upgrading would improve the quality of mlb.tv.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

I used the mosiac thing last year and it was kinda cool as during the Cardinals commericals you could easily go select another game if you want or watch 5 others at the same time. When your in a pennant race down the stretch and want to check up on other games, it comes in handy.

clement
Perennial All-Star

Post by clement »

whyhellothere wrote:I used the mosiac thing last year and it was kinda cool as during the Cardinals commericals you could easily go select another game if you want or watch 5 others at the same time. When your in a pennant race down the stretch and want to check up on other games, it comes in handy.
Does that mean you can watch one game at a time, but instantly switch between games?

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

This is truly a matter of life and life barely worth living for any die hard baseball fan like myself. I have resigned myself to buy the MLB.TV Premium package.

My only bone with this is that the Fox Sports Saturday Telecasts will be blacked out due to fox sports. Does anyone remember the old post from Card Talk that someone posted about how to get around the Blackout? I believe it had something to do with changing your server or something