Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

bonds.....21 years 2800+ hits

musial.....22 years 3600+ hits without steroids

musial gets my vote

taxman
Veteran Player

Post by taxman »

Bonds may be better, but that's not the question.

Stan is greater.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

1. Barry Bonds vs. 2. Stan Musial
Barry Bonds 24% [ 6 ]
Stan Musial 76% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 25
Wow.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

haltz wrote:
Barry Bonds 24% [ 6 ]
Stan Musial 76% [ 19 ]
Wow.
Wow?
Reasonable arguments possible for each + dislike/distrust of Bonds + this is a Cardinals board = The Man wins

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony

Post by maddash »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
haltz wrote:
Barry Bonds 24% [ 6 ]
Stan Musial 76% [ 19 ]
Wow.
Wow?
Reasonable arguments possible for each + dislike/distrust of Bonds + this is a Cardinals board = The Man wins
Ok, then why is Ted Williams trouncing Lou Gherig on the very same board? I mean, it's the same match-up. Williams is obviously a better player, but he was also an all around jerk (Gherig was about as "nice guy" as you can get"). Williams also should be held under the suspicion that he took amphetamines (I know I'm beating this story to death, but it's true). Not only did he fight in two major wars, where amphetamine usage was rampant, but he was a fighter pilot... to this very day fighter pilots are notorious for taking amphetamines to keep them sharp. You telling me that Teddy didn't pop a few pills before taking the field every day?

So, you have an all around jerk who popped pills soundly beating an all around nice guy in one poll, yet you see the very opposite thing happing in another poll. How can you like Ted but hate Bonds? Has time really changed who Ted Williams was? Has time made him a nicer guy? Or a guy who didn't pop pep pills? Seems like some hypocrisy going on here.

Heck, I don't like Bonds either, but if you're going to call a spade a spade, the same logic should be applied to all players, and it most certainly isn't being applied to Ted Williams.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

While Williams was a jerk before most of us were around, we're all seeing Bonds in real time. All that most of us know about Ted are his numbers and the fact that he lost prime years serving our country. I know Bonds is a first class bunghole. I've heard it about Williams but didn't live through it, so it's not a big factor. Combine these factors with the fact that he's up against a Cardinal legend and class personified, and I can understand the vote.

Not justifying, just offering a possible explanation.

I don't like BB, but he gets my vote.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Bonds.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

maddash wrote:
redbirdjazzz wrote:
haltz wrote:
Barry Bonds 24% [ 6 ]
Stan Musial 76% [ 19 ]
Wow.
Wow?
Ok, then why is Ted Williams trouncing Lou Gherig on the very same board? I mean, it's the same match-up. Williams is obviously a better player, but he was also an all around jerk (Gherig was about as "nice guy" as you can get"). .
Williams earned the right to be a jerk by fighting in 2 wars and losing 5 years of his career to do it and never once complaining about it....thats the difference.....John Glenn said "Ted Williams was the best fighter pilot I ever seen"........nuff said

Wekse5
Everyday Player

Post by Wekse5 »

bondsbondsbonds....i'm not surprised that he is getting beat, but getting beat by such a wide margin? whatever.