Albert...the cover boy

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
beerman
Everyday Player

Albert...the cover boy

Post by beerman »

This should be a good read. It takes a lot of extra work and drive to be one of the greatest...

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/a ... p&c_id=stl

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Pujols:
"Everybody can get into a workout routine and build themselves up and have good success like I've been having the last six years."

If only, Albert, if only.

Sidenote: Pujols is the very antithesis of the "less with more" thread. In fact, Pujols may go down in baseball history as one of the hardest working players of all time, who has extracted the most from the God-given skills he was born with. I'll never stop being amazed by this guy.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

heyzeus wrote:Sidenote: Pujols is the very antithesis of the "less with more" thread. In fact, Pujols may go down in baseball history as one of the hardest working players of all time, who has extracted the most from the God-given skills he was born with. I'll never stop being amazed by this guy.
He's the latino Ted Williams in that regard, though in AP's case he works on all facets of his game and not just hitting.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

He'll always be known as a 100 million dollar bust to me (affectionately of course).

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Leroy wrote:He'll always be known as a 100 million dollar bust to me (affectionately of course).
Yeah, Mike Hampton's contract was way better.