Jim Callis' NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Callis is at the mercy of the people asking him questions. Ask him something if you don't like the topics he covers. There's a lot of Cub fans that are heavily interested in the minor league system, and I know a lot of them like to get through in chats BA does.
Every chat "host" is at the mercy of the questions asked, but at the same time, every fan who "attends" one of his chats is interested in their respective minor (and major) league system. The quantity of cubs questions is there every week for me to make that statement. That, and the fact he lives in Winnetka doesn't hurt.

And I have been asking him the same (Cardinals) question for the past 3 weeks, to no avail. Granted, I don't expect to always get my questions answered, but over the course of 3 weeks? I usually don't have that bad of "luck" with the other chat "hosts".

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

RC21 wrote:The Brewers' rotation, though, is pretty stout. I didn't realize what they'd put together until I saw the P-D baseball preview. Granted, it's all contingent on Sheets' health, but....

-Sheets, healthy, approximates Carpenter
-Soup is Soup
-Capuano is a burgeoning work horse with a solid arm and a few years of good numbers now
-David Bush: I don't know much about his arm, but his numbers look like he's on the verge of becoming good to very good.

And then Claudio Vargas is their #5, and isn't bad at all for a 5. That's a pretty solid quartet at the top end.

But yeah, World Series is a bit zealous.
Sheets, healthy, approximates Johan Santana. I don't think there's a single pitcher in baseball with more talent.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
RC21 wrote:The Brewers' rotation, though, is pretty stout. I didn't realize what they'd put together until I saw the P-D baseball preview. Granted, it's all contingent on Sheets' health, but....

-Soup is Soup
-Capuano is a burgeoning work horse with a solid arm and a few years of good numbers now
-David Bush: I don't know much about his arm, but his numbers look like he's on the verge of becoming good to very good.

And then Claudio Vargas is their #5, and isn't bad at all for a 5. That's a pretty solid quartet at the top end.

Soup is Soup..... but with a much worse infield defense behind him.

And you won't stop hearing about Samardzjia if you keep reading Jim "cubs fan" Callis' comments. He answers at least 2 questions about him/Pie/Veal every week. I'm serious. Go back and look it up.
Callis is at the mercy of the people asking him questions. Ask him something if you don't like the topics he covers. There's a lot of Cub fans that are heavily interested in the minor league system, and I know a lot of them like to get through in chats BA does.

There are plenty of Cardinal fans that are heavily interested in the minor league system also, but we don't need Callis to repeatedly re-assure us that Rasmus is a stud and Garcia has mega potential.
Then don't complain about the questions Callis fields.
I'd just like a little more diversity, that's all. How many times to we need to hear that Felix Pie could be the Cubs' centerfielder someday, and that Samardzija throws hard?

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Socnorb11 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
mikechamp wrote:

-Soup is Soup

Soup is Soup..... but with a much worse infield defense behind him.

And you won't stop hearing about Samardzjia if you keep reading Jim "cubs fan" Callis' comments. He answers at least 2 questions about him/Pie/Veal every week. I'm serious. Go back and look it up.
Callis is at the mercy of the people asking him questions. Ask him something if you don't like the topics he covers. There's a lot of Cub fans that are heavily interested in the minor league system, and I know a lot of them like to get through in chats BA does.

There are plenty of Cardinal fans that are heavily interested in the minor league system also, but we don't need Callis to repeatedly re-assure us that Rasmus is a stud and Garcia has mega potential.
Then don't complain about the questions Callis fields.
I'd just like a little more diversity, that's all. How many times to we need to hear that Felix Pie could be the Cubs' centerfielder someday, and that Samardzija throws hard?
Everything is status quo until the season starts. I'm sure there'll be much more to talk about in the Cubs system that Callis will be able to talk about without being redundant.

clement
Perennial All-Star

Post by clement »

RC21 wrote:If I see another question about Jeff Samardzija, I'm going to punch the next Cub fan I see right in the nose.
Do you think Jeff Samardzija has a chance to be a September call-up this year?

MDCardsFan
All-Star

Post by MDCardsFan »

clement wrote:
RC21 wrote:If I see another question about Jeff Samardzija, I'm going to punch the next Cub fan I see right in the nose.
Do you think Jeff Samardzija has a chance to be a September call-up this year?
Sweet =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Callis is at the mercy of the people asking him questions. Ask him something if you don't like the topics he covers. There's a lot of Cub fans that are heavily interested in the minor league system, and I know a lot of them like to get through in chats BA does.
I don't fault Callis, but good lord- can't Cub fans ask about anybody else? Or better yet, just read the last five damned question/answer sessions that also included questions about the guy?