Former Cardinals Watch

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Post by CardsofSTL »

The Cubs have told Jose Martinez he isn’t being tendered a contract, ESPN.com’s Jesse Rogers reports. Acquired from the Rays in a deadline deal, Martinez went hitless over 22 plate appearances with Chicago, only reaching base once on a walk. The 32-year-old mashed for the Cardinals from 2016-18, but delivered closer to league-average production in 2019 with St. Louis and with the Rays last season prior to the trade.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Xavier Scruggs has announced his retirement from baseball.

Scruggs saw some limited action with the Cardinals and Marlins from 2014-16 before playing in Korea and Mexico the last few years. It's not clear what Scruggs' next plans are, but he's done some radio work so it's possible he'll stay in the game in that capacity.
Source: Xavier Scruggs on Twitter
Jan 1, 2021, 9:58 AM ET

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Jocephus wrote:
January 1 21, 12:22 pm
Xavier Scruggs has announced his retirement from baseball.

Scruggs saw some limited action with the Cardinals and Marlins from 2014-16 before playing in Korea and Mexico the last few years. It's not clear what Scruggs' next plans are, but he's done some radio work so it's possible he'll stay in the game in that capacity.
Source: Xavier Scruggs on Twitter
Jan 1, 2021, 9:58 AM ET
He was always hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at people, but unlike Thom Brennaman, he'll probably keep his mouth shut around a hot mike.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Nick: What do you think of the Royals this year? Seems like a .500 team on the way up to me
Ben Clemens: I’m with you on the trajectory, a little lower on where they’ll come in this year
Ben Clemens: I would say that this is a team that needs a few young players to make leaps
Ben Clemens: They’ve set themselves up in such a way that if two of their good young players hit the development jackpot, they’re incredibly intriguing
Ben Clemens: If Franchy turns into an All Star and Bubic or Singer shoves, heck yeah!

Morbo: Remember you need to take a few wins off the Royals projections for Matheny’s managerial mistakes
Ben Clemens: I said only one more question but this frustrated Cardinals fan attitude speaks to ome
Ben Clemens: I have developed SEVERAL stats I’ve wanted to call Matheny’s
Ben Clemens: My favorite being a pitcher batting for himself and then not lasting the next inning
Ben Clemens: Luckily, that’s a tricky one in the AL
Ben Clemens: That said, I would be concerned about his past issues handling young players
Ben Clemens: Not that the Royals have enough veterans to block youngsters, but it’s a worry if they start improving