Re: Horrible umpires

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
July 17 22, 1:26 pm
HE CAN NOT BE SERIOUS! 5-6 inches outside? C'mon man! He would have tossed me from the game for that stupidity.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Looked like an old FU strike. Wonder if there's more to the story. ( not that umpires should do that. But they are human.)

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
July 17 22, 3:29 pm
Looked like an old FU strike. Wonder if there's more to the story. ( not that umpires should do that. But they are human.)
Problem is the ones who are good are always good, typically, and the bad ones are always bad. It really should just be the 15 best ones rotating crews and doing home plate.

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Wow!.... That reminded me of that Florida Marlin playoff game from years ago. Was it Livan Hernandez that was getting the calls 2 feet off the plate? He was K'ing everybody!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
July 17 22, 6:17 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Problem is the ones who are good are always good, typically, and the bad ones are always bad. It really should just be the 15 best ones rotating crews and doing home plate.
You know years ago the crew chief was always the home plate umpire. But since CC is based on seniority as much as quality, I think, that would probably not be the best idea to go back to.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 17 22, 9:18 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
You know years ago the crew chief was always the home plate umpire. But since CC is based on seniority as much as quality, I think, that would probably not be the best idea to go back to.
I just want the best home plate guys on each rotation. I don’t care if they’re are CC or not.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
July 17 22, 9:34 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
July 17 22, 9:18 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
I just want the best home plate guys on each rotation. I don’t care if they’re are CC or not.
Well...my point although not well made admittedly was that there is precedence for having certain umpires designated as plate umpires and others as base umpires,

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 18 22, 10:00 am
Well...my point although not well made admittedly was that there is precedence for having certain umpires designated as plate umpires and others as base umpires,
Right yeah, oh well, only a few more months and we'll never have home plate ball/strike umps again.

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

DeadMoney wrote:
July 17 22, 8:12 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Wow!.... That reminded me of that Florida Marlin playoff game from years ago. Was it Livan Hernandez that was getting the calls 2 feet off the plate? He was K'ing everybody!
Yeah, that was umpire Eric Gregg paying back NL teams for all the years of umps giving Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine pitches out of the strike zone being called strikes. It wasn't right but it was funny that the Braves were getting screwed over.