BPV Phase 2

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: BPV Phase 2

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Popeye_Card wrote:The tower is pretty perfectly located to have views of both the ballpark and the arch. The prices aren't as bad as I would have expected.
Agreed.

Apt 2314 ftw

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Cool I have sufficient retirement funds to live in #3007, the Rally.

As long as I only live to 74.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Those apartment buildings at 15th and Pine are pretty affordable?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Famous Mortimer wrote:Those apartment buildings at 15th and Pine are pretty affordable?
I just looked at their website and wow, that place is WAAAAY nicer than when I lived there in '99-02. There wasn't a fitness center. All of the hardwood is new. The parking garage wasn't there between buildings 20 and 30 (if they still number them like that). The rooftop patio wasn't there. Neither were the co-working spaces, etc. The kitchens and bathrooms are upgraded nicely based on the photos. The crazy thing is that they aren't really any more expensive than when I lived there either considering how long ago it was. I think I paid about $480 for my one bedroom with a balcony and the same floor plan now would cost about $650-670/month.

I've thought about moving from my current apartment from time to time just because I've been there so long (8 years in April) but never thought too seriously because my current location is just too perfect for me. After seeing the website, I might seriously consider moving back. Heck, ditching the gas bill alone would mean that I'd basically be paying the same or maybe even a little less but gaining the fitness center and such and be in an apartment that has been updated much more recently than my current one. At least I'm assuming electric is the only utility you pay in the building still.

The only downsides would be the distance from Tower Grove Park during softball/kickball season and the washer/dryer situation.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:Cool I have sufficient retirement funds to live in #3007, the Rally.

You have a lot longer than six months to live Rad.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I enjoyed living there a lot. The only downsides would be when Market was closed for a parade or something, and having to walk across the park next to the war memorial which was (and I think still is) packed with homeless folks. But it's cool to be able to walk to games, or even Blues games if you're a glutton for punishment, Peabody, etc.

What's this thread about again? Oh yes, the sketches of what it would look like appear pretty cheesy, but I guess it's designed for wealthy County [expletive] and not people like me. Although I do like the nachos at BPV.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I’m thinking the 22nd floor and up will offer a better view so I’m holding off for a bit.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Radbird wrote: I’m thinking the 22nd floor and up will offer a better view so I’m holding off for a bit.
There's nothing more sublime than an eagle's eye view of Carpenter hitting a weak grounder into the shift.

I imagine that it's like watching a chipmunk take a dump in a corner of the Grand Canyon.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

There's nothing more sublime than an eagle's eye view of Carpenter hitting a weak grounder into the shift.

I imagine that it's like watching a chipmunk take a dump in a corner of the Grand Canyon.
Had to laugh

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Radbird wrote:Cool I have sufficient retirement funds to live in #3007, the Rally.

Look for a plasma-center app compatible with Apple or Android platforms. Great for when you need cash in a hurry.