Bat Flips

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

What do you think of flipping bats after home runs?

It's a hot dog move with no place in the game
15%
Let the kids play
54%
I don't care one way or the other
21%
Jose DeLeon never flipped a bat
10%

Total votes: 39

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Bat Flips

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard wrote:I haven't hit a home run in years and probably never will again since I'm on the wrong side of 40, fat and none of my softball leagues have fences but if I ever find myself on a field with a fence and hit one out I promise you that there will be some insane celebration that will make everything you've seen before look like an apology to the pitcher for hitting the ball out.

I guess I'll just have to wear that slow pitch to the ribs my next time up.

Seriously though, I don't care how far I hit the ball these days, if there isn't a fence I'm stopping at second. Two bases at a time is my limit.

Anyone that's going to pimp a beer league softball home run deserves a 4.5 MPH pitch to the ribs in my opinion. FFS play the game right and act like you've done it before

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

NDark wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
I like how Ken sounds a little butt hurt that the scoop came from a pseudo White Sox publication.
Ken knows that every time he appears on MLB Network he's appearing on a network that Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf owns a portion of......right?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

CardsofSTL wrote:Anyone that's going to pimp a beer league softball home run deserves a 4.5 MPH pitch to the ribs in my opinion. FFS play the game right and act like you've done it before
That's just it, I've never done it before! I have almost always played on fields without a fence so I've never in my life hit one over the wall. I've hit balls that would have been well out if there was a fence but then the stupid outfielders are always playing so deep that it is still maybe a double for my slow butt.

Edit to add: I'm I'm talking about full Broadway show level pimping if I hit one. If I ever end up playing a game on a field with a fence and I know about the game early enough (meaning not a last second sub) then I might even show up with fireworks on standby.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

The first time I hit a Home Run, I stood there and admired it too. All subsequent home runs, I simply ran to first and then in to the dug out. Except that one time I hit one off a fat-ass trash talking pitcher, I pimped that one a little....

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Berliner Park in Columbus has about a millionty fields with fences and do all kinds of softball tournaments and is across the street from Legacy Smokehouse, which is so good and has a bar. GRB softball traveling team assemble!

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

33anda3rd wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
Also: how surprising is it that the two American sports with the most Old Man Unwritten Rules About Decorum are the two least popular?
They’re my two favorite sports, but that has little to do with unwritten rules, or me being white and old. Ok, maybe my demographics do factor in.

I’m done with the conversation. We’ve clearly been talking past each other because we don’t agree upon where lines are drawn and why. And that’s ok.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

All unwritten rules can [expletive] off.

It also seems quite odd to me that there's a huge overlap between people who mock "snowflakes", and those who think a potentially deadly object hurled at 100mph with the intention of causing injury is a reasonable response to someone enjoying themselves.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Famous Mortimer wrote:All unwritten rules can [expletive] off.

It also seems quite odd to me that there's a huge overlap between people who mock "snowflakes", and those who think a potentially deadly object hurled at 100mph with the intention of causing injury is a reasonable response to someone enjoying themselves.
It is odd to me that people who are often worried about other peoples feelings are not concerned with a pitchers feelings.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

"That guy did good against me and is happy about it. I should hurt him physically."

So [expletive] ridiculous.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

wart57 wrote:
Famous Mortimer wrote:All unwritten rules can [expletive] off.

It is odd to me that people who are often worried about other peoples feelings are not concerned with a pitchers feelings.
terribly on brand