Dallas to Atlanta

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Dallas to Atlanta

Post by Jocephus »

i have no idea. probably?...maybe?...i'm not going to assume it though, particularly if it's only to "prove" an online idea on what the club should do/have done based my thought process on how the FO should behave. i'm certain you can come up with names of players who didn't perform like the projections/past said so. i bet you can think of some on our team even.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Hmm, I’ve seen the team succeed and fail with risky decisions.

Weird point to attack here, considering that a guy with good lefty splits can’t at least perform in a role facing lefty batters. But okay.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

it was your guarantee that he'd just be an effective loogy after bombing out as a starter, no problemo, that i was "attacking", if you even want to call it that, jeez, tell me the rules again forum cop. we should all just listen to BAS 'cause you know everything about running a mlb front office! you can name programming software!

you are so gd cocksure...yep, dallas would make a perfect loogy after bombing out as starter! anyone else on the board offer an idea and you go "NOPE 'CAUSE STATS!"

can i make a formal request to remove soc's "last worder" title and have it transferred to BAS? thanks.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote: I thought we were talking about Keuchel.
We are. He had 3.3 WAR last year.

Preseason projection was 3.1 WAR. Assuming he had the proper warm up. Only needed him for one year.

And if we signed him to a multi year deal, he could have been the effective LOOGY if he bombed as a starter and we wouldn't have had to bother with Andrew Miller.

Basically could have had Keuchel over Miller and for cheaper or same price. Draft pick associated is just ownerspeak for not paying the piper. Make that up later with an international signing or two
This is all a giant load of bull [expletive] and you know it.

Keuchel was a prime candidate to fall of a cliff. That's why he wasn't signed. And big shocker, he's falling off the cliff.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote: Keuchel was a prime candidate to fall of a cliff.
Elaborate.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Jocephus wrote:it was your guarantee that he'd just be an effective loogy after bombing out as a starter, no problemo, that i was "attacking", if you even want to call it that, jeez, tell me the rules again forum cop. we should all just listen to BAS 'cause you know everything about running a mlb front office! you can name programming software!

you are so gd cocksure...yep, dallas would make a perfect loogy after bombing out as starter! anyone else on the board offer an idea and you go "NOPE 'CAUSE STATS!"

can i make a formal request to remove soc's "last worder" title and have it transferred to BAS? thanks.
It wasn't a guarantee. Just another tally in the "pro" column for signing him.

Rest of your post is indecipherable noise.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote: Keuchel was a prime candidate to fall of a cliff.
Elaborate.
31 year old soft tossing lefty who doesn't strike anyone out coupled with a career worst in GB%. Factor in the major shift in MLB hitters finally focusing on launch angle. It was as Ann as the nose on plain's face.
Last edited by InvincibleCakeEater on August 9 19, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:It was as Ann on as the nose on plain's face.