Uncle Charlie

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

What are your thoughts on Adam Wainwright after this season?

Hats off to a great career
15%
Re-sign him to a similar one year deal
70%
Bring him back as a long man/reliever
9%
Time for him to retire
3%
Wainwright would be a great addition to FSMW
3%

Total votes: 33

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Uncle Charlie

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Fat Strat wrote:Part of the AW returning equation is what they do with the rest of the roster. You/they can justify bringing AW back for the fifth spot, letting Ozuna walk because of O’Neill/Bader/Carlson/Fowler/Arozarena
Threw up in my mouth a bit thinking about next year's Ozuna-less OF. Carlson included.

The team has to "go big or go home" on corner OF power or a decent rotation guy.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:Part of the AW returning equation is what they do with the rest of the roster. You/they can justify bringing AW back for the fifth spot, letting Ozuna walk because of O’Neill/Bader/Carlson/Fowler/Arozarena
Threw up in my mouth a bit thinking about next year's Ozuna-less OF. Carlson included.

The team has to "go big or go home" on corner OF power or a decent rotation guy.
I'd argue they need both

cubs have a bunch of money coming off the books this offseason IIRC

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

cardsfantx wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

I'd argue they need both

cubs have a bunch of money coming off the books this offseason IIRC
Between 45-90 million, depending on how they handle their options (and arbitration).

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

I'd only be fine with Waino as a 5th starter, if we had a strong reliable top 4.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.

Gypsy Lou
Everyday Player

Post by Gypsy Lou »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.
Odorizzi

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Gypsy Lou wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.
Odorizzi
I've never heard this from Odorizzi personally so maybe it isn't true or has changed but I know a couple of people who grew up with him and according to them he will not sign with the Cardinals. It's nothing against the team as much as not wanting to play at home with all of the extra pressures that come with that.

Any time you play in your home town people come out of the woodwork acting like they were your best friend for those two weeks back in third grade and asking for tickets, wanting to hang out and all the garbage that goes along with people wanting to latch on to a 'celebrity' for whatever reason. I think most players who play at home end up paying a family member or somebody to control access to them. I don't blame other players who don't want to deal with it at all.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

++