GRB Transition of Ownership

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: GRB Transition of Ownership

Post by GeddyWrox »

Ditto on the thanks, and the willingness to kick in a little to a general kitty to help fund the cost of keeping it alive and ad-free. I didn't realize it was as much as it is!

Tags:

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

thrill wrote:I would be happy to make a yearly donation to help support the site and remove the cost burden from mods, who already donate their time and sanity to keeping this place relatively chill.
Seconded.

Also, let me know if you need to hire a lawyer to draft a buy/sell agreement as I'm sure 'zeus has already informed you he has a conflict.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

GeddyWrox wrote:Ditto on the thanks, and the willingness to kick in a little to a general kitty to help fund the cost of keeping it alive and ad-free. I didn't realize it was as much as it is!
Same. That's a lot of money. Thanks guys.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Seriously, I would pay for GRB before I'd pay for cable.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Thanks to Micheal, Kyle, and the owners to owners to be for providing an option. If CT was all we had life would be a sad affair.

I wish you guys would let us regulars pay the way instead of taking money out of your own pocket.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Theo post your venmo!

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Post by Bo Hart »

I'm really excited to see where things go under new ownership. Theo is one of the longest-tenured users of this board, and he has a really strong technical background. GRB is going to see some awesome growth and improvement behind the vision of the new ownership. Theo has outlined an ambitious 12-month improvement plan that includes Robo-Ump Moderators, VR message boards, the acquisition of at least 5 premier international posting prospects, and universal health care for all of our posters. I, for one, can't wait.

I get a lot of praise and goodwill for keeping GRB alive, but to me, the real commendation should be going to the mod team. Day in and day out, they keep this place running. Moderation is a very thankless job, but it's essential to keeping these communities alive. Rad/zeus/theo/CardsofSTL (and all of the others over the years) - thanks for all the selflessness.

My involvement in GRB has waned pretty significantly in the last few years, but this place has always been pretty important to me. I virtually never post anymore, but I still briefly lurk a minimum of a few times a week; when I'm looking to kill a little time and aimlessly browse online, it's almost instinctive for me to come here. Hopefully I'll be more active moving forward, but either way, this is an awesome community.

As far as what the future holds for me? Well, I'll be buying a private island and retiring early. Michael and I now officially share adjacent lots. Owning the site has been difficult at times, but the unimaginable wealth and international recognition it has brought me has made it all worth it.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Thanks mods, Michael, Kyle, Theo for keeping this a-going

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I'm with thrill. Set up a GoFundMe or a mply request what you need with an address to send checks, I'd be all over it.

This place is the best. THANK YOU.

Even that rogue moderator...
We don't want your money Joey Baloney but you can send me some Depression era cookie recipes if you want

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

I for one welcome our new quadra-headed overlord.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this train on the tracks for long. I don't post much, but I visit often and enjoy the banter, especially the GDT's throughout the year.