Coronavirus and the 2020 Season (Season Postponed, pg3)

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

What will MLB have to do in response to Coronavirus?

Season starts as currently scheduled
No votes
Season starts as scheduled, but with no fans allowed in the stadium
13%
Season begins with a definite delayed start, for example April 15
31%
Season is "suspended indefinitely" a la the NBA
38%
Season's closed, moose out front shoulda told ya
18%

Total votes: 45

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 Season (Season Postponed, pg3)

Post by Jocephus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
August 14 20, 3:25 pm
Really lame, Plesac playing the victim.
was pretty bad. also driving while filming himself...and didn't look like he was wearing seatbelt but maybe i just didn't see

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
August 14 20, 3:25 pm
Really lame, Plesac playing the victim.
Holy [expletive], just saw the video. Unreal.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

org reps being smug and passing blame

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Jocephus wrote:
August 24 20, 2:22 pm
org reps being smug and passing blame
I like this. I guess Mo is growing. Cute. Wish he did this a few weeks ago.

Also if Yadi’s niece is tested, then I don’t care about his specific incident. The optics part doesn’t bother me as much as just trying to avoid the virus to the best of your ability. But if she’s not and she’s out and about, he’s not doing the best he can to stop the spread.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
August 24 20, 1:44 pm
cardsfantx wrote:
August 24 20, 1:41 pm
I don't care if yadi doesn't social distance...just don't post about it. that's just stupid.

we had the longest layoff in MLB due to COVID, finally get back to playing for like a week? and then post a picture where you're not socially distancing? it's just a dumb thing to do.

even if was a picture with all cardinals, who are tested regularly together, in a group photo not socially distancing, would still be a dumb thing to post.
Agreed. This is my other problem with it. The Cardinals' players are so brazen, yet org reps are smug and ready to pass blame elsewhere when called on it.

I mean every comment on Twitter is ripping the Cards a new one right now because of this picture. But some people here really don't like if you call out the team on blatant [expletive]. This attitude could get the season cancelled. Is that what people want? Or we going to try to make this work?
cardsfantx wrote:
August 24 20, 2:15 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
August 24 20, 12:42 pm
Not sure I see anything wrong with that picture other maybe the optics of it. Assuming that was a recent photo after he was cleared to resume baseball activities, he's either immune and poses no risk to the team. Or, he's not immune and covid is going to be around in a big way for a long time. Either way, I tend to agree. [expletive] Covid.
you can get reinfected..and yes it will be around a long time

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/heal ... ction.html
If you prefer the NYT, there's this article. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/16/heal ... odies.html

Regardless, there's what 23 million confirmed cases? And one confirmed re-infection. And, that re-infection was caused by a different strain and didn't necessarily lead to the man being infectious and didn't lead to any symptoms?

I tend to think that infections lead to immunity based on science. And, I tend to rely on it more than twitter to determine if something is problematic or not. Like I said, the picture was bad optics. But, he didn't do anything wrong. In my opinion.

That's not me being a homer even though I do like Molina. Even the NYT article saying there was a re-infection goes on to mention it likely supplements the evidence found in the medical study I posted in the other thread and is reverberated in the NYT article talking about it. He's with people that have tested negative and in his house. I mean...sheesh. What if those were his kids? What if they were his parents? Are we supposed to sleep with masks on to prevent getting covid from our spouses? What about sex? Is that forbidden as well?

It's taking it a bit far, again, in my opinion.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
August 24 20, 3:03 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
August 24 20, 1:44 pm
cardsfantx wrote:
August 24 20, 1:41 pm
I don't care if yadi doesn't social distance...just don't post about it. that's just stupid.

we had the longest layoff in MLB due to COVID, finally get back to playing for like a week? and then post a picture where you're not socially distancing? it's just a dumb thing to do.

even if was a picture with all cardinals, who are tested regularly together, in a group photo not socially distancing, would still be a dumb thing to post.
Agreed. This is my other problem with it. The Cardinals' players are so brazen, yet org reps are smug and ready to pass blame elsewhere when called on it.

I mean every comment on Twitter is ripping the Cards a new one right now because of this picture. But some people here really don't like if you call out the team on blatant [expletive]. This attitude could get the season cancelled. Is that what people want? Or we going to try to make this work?
cardsfantx wrote:
August 24 20, 2:15 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
August 24 20, 12:42 pm
Not sure I see anything wrong with that picture other maybe the optics of it. Assuming that was a recent photo after he was cleared to resume baseball activities, he's either immune and poses no risk to the team. Or, he's not immune and covid is going to be around in a big way for a long time. Either way, I tend to agree. [expletive] Covid.
you can get reinfected..and yes it will be around a long time

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/heal ... ction.html
If you prefer the NYT, there's this article. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/16/heal ... odies.html

Regardless, there's what 23 million confirmed cases? And one confirmed re-infection. And, that re-infection was caused by a different strain and didn't necessarily lead to the man being infectious and didn't lead to any symptoms?

I tend to think that infections lead to immunity based on science. And, I tend to rely on it more than twitter to determine if something is problematic or not. Like I said, the picture was bad optics. But, he didn't do anything wrong. In my opinion.

That's not me being a homer even though I do like Molina. Even the NYT article saying there was a re-infection goes on to mention it likely supplements the evidence found in the medical study I posted in the other thread and is reverberated in the NYT article talking about it. He's with people that have tested negative and in his house. I mean...sheesh. What if those were his kids? What if they were his parents? Are we supposed to sleep with masks on to prevent getting covid from our spouses? What about sex? Is that forbidden as well?

It's taking it a bit far, again, in my opinion.
If you believe in science, then you'd know you (humans) don't have and will not have immunity to this.

look at viruses such as the flu, common cold, etc...your body will build up short immunity to the same strands again...but it's very short lived (a few months)...which is why you have to get a flu shot every year for example...and why a reinfection is just showing up now (they've had a short immunity towards it, but are now getting reinfected)...I'd bet a lot of $ we will start to see these reinfections in the US now that it's been around 6ish months that we know of.

the good news is that yes, his body in this COVID19 case, recognized the virus and fought it when he was infected (how he showed now symptoms)...but he WAS reinfected which means he can pass it on.

but to your original point, there will be no "immunity" to COVID19. ever. just as we have none to the flu, common cold (which can be a strand of the coronavirus)..we can just hope/wait for a vaccine similar to the flu shot and get it annually to hope that we don't get a bad case of it.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

let's move this all to the social thread, tx, so as not to clutter this one up. I agree with a lot of the stuff you're saying but disagree on a few key points.