Freese vs Freese

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

Which Game 6 Freese Moment is more memorable?

Freese's Game 6 Triple
80%
Freese's Game 6 Walk Off Home Run
20%

Total votes: 10

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Freese vs Freese

Post by CardsofSTL »

Nothing wrong with taking a poll idea from twitter...so vote on twitter and vote here on GRB---which of Freese's big hits stand out the most nine years later?

Tags:

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: Freese vs Freese

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Game winner. Has to be. Without it, the other might have been meaningless.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
March 25 20, 1:34 pm
But there would have been no home run without the triple!!!!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

The season is over if he doesn’t hit the triple.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Easily the triple. Just look at the win probability when each was hit.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Definitely the triple. My mindset before the triple was "well, it was a good run." My mindset before the homer was "we're winning this thing this inning."

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 25 20, 1:51 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Not true. He could have hit a single or walked or gotten on base some other way and then someone else might get the runs in.

AAAAnndd let's be honest, that triple was a clearly catchable ball. When I first saw the trajectory and his route to the ball, I said "well, that's it. Game over." Then Cruz spazzes out at the wall. You want to give someone credit for that triple, give Nelson Cruz credit.

But the homer won it. That's what counts.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
March 25 20, 2:43 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
March 25 20, 1:51 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Not true. He could have hit a single or walked or gotten on base some other way and then someone else might get the runs in.

AAAAnndd let's be honest, that triple was a clearly catchable ball. When I first saw the trajectory and his route to the ball, I said "well, that's it. Game over." Then Cruz spazzes out at the wall. You want to give someone credit for that triple, give Nelson Cruz credit.

But the homer won it. That's what counts.
You're just being argumentative Joey Baloney. If he hit a single; he might have never had a shot at the home run. The game might have ended in the next at bat; which left him stranded on third base by the way. The game tying triple pushed the Cardinals to the eventual win.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I'm not being argumentative. That triple would have meant crapola if he doesn't hit the home run and they go on to lose.

Let me tell you a story young'un. High school. Our basketball team is good enough to make the regional playoffs but not good enough to avoid the #1 team. An undefeated team that was head and sholders above (literally) the other area schools. I went to the game with my father. And by god if we weren't dominant in the first quarter. And played up to them the rest of the way. I think we lead from the early minutes until... the very last second when that team pulled it out with a buzzer beater.

My dad was excited to get home to see the news because he figured they'd be all over it. I told him it didn't matter. They won. That was all that matters.

Indeed, the 11 oclock news mentioned the score and nothing more.

If you don't win, it doesn't matter what happened before. Not a bit.

Freese's home run is, ultimately, all that matters in that game. Not Cruz's triple.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
March 25 20, 2:58 pm
I'm not being argumentative. That triple would have meant crapola if he doesn't hit the home run and they go on to lose.

Let me tell you a story young'un. High school. Our basketball team is good enough to make the regional playoffs but not good enough to avoid the #1 team. An undefeated team that was head and sholders above (literally) the other area schools. I went to the game with my father. And by god if we weren't dominant in the first quarter. And played up to them the rest of the way. I think we lead from the early minutes until... the very last second when that team pulled it out with a buzzer beater.

My dad was excited to get home to see the news because he figured they'd be all over it. I told him it didn't matter. They won. That was all that matters.

Indeed, the 11 oclock news mentioned the score and nothing more.

If you don't win, it doesn't matter what happened before. Not a bit.

Freese's home run is, ultimately, all that matters in that game. Not Cruz's triple.
No triple means no home run. So if the home run is the most important play of the game; the triple that allowed it to happen is the most memorable moment. Don't hate.