Jeff Todd's NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Jeff Todd's NL Central comments

Post by mikechamp »

These comments came from a chat with MLB Trade Rumors' Jeff Todd that occurred on July 24. There wasn't a lot of NL Central-specific questions, but the overall chat was very good as it hit on a lot of general topics like the next CBA, service time manipulation, draft slot values, trade deadline, expanded playoffs, etc. I included the first Q&A because it applies just as much to the Cardinals/Dylan Carlson as any other team.

The link to the entire chat can be found here: https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-8398.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Is there any chance that the players allow teams to manipulate service time like they are doing now in the next CBA? Should teams really trying so hard to save that extra year? The Dodgers? Really?

Jeff Todd
I've yet to hear anyone propose a workable solution to the problem.
Baseball is back. Think the Reds can win the central this year?

Jeff Todd
Absolutely can.
Would you rather have dinner with Pete Rose or Ty Cobb?

Jeff Todd
I mean, we've all seen Rose on TV. Quite enough for me. It would be legitimately interesting to sit down with Cobb and see what he's really like.
Met up with 2 buddies today (social distancing of course) to discuss opening day for our Cardinals. Not one of us cared to look at the final roster. We were more pumped in February. Sad...

Jeff Todd
Is what it is, though, y'know? Everything is weird, alas.

Tags: