Mark Polishuk's NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Mark Polishuk's NL Central comments

Post by mikechamp »

These comments came from a chat with MLB Trade Rumors' Mark Polishuk that occurred on July 26. Not much NL Central content this week, so I included a bonus Q&A about a former NL Central outfielder, one about tiebreakers and another about... Marlins Man!

The link to the entire chat can be found here: https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-8405.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Who Hangs up? Kris Bryant for Ender Newcomb and ptbnl.

Mark Polishuk
Unless that PTBNL is someone really awesome, the Cubs don't even give this a thought.
Who would you trade while maintaining a winning outlook? My choice is Darvish!

Mark Polishuk
Darvish is still owed a whole lot of money through 2023, that would be a very major investment for any team to make even in a normal season, let alone one with so much economic uncertainty. I'm not sure he'd have a ton of trade value even if he pitches very well.
Will Dietrich get an opportunity with the Cubs soon?

Mark Polishuk
It might take an injury or something to create an opening for Dietrich, since the Cubs already have a decent amount of depth at his positions.
What former MLB star should have a movie biopic? Rickey Henderson? Griffey Jr? Cal Ripken?

Mark Polishuk
A Rickey Henderson biopic played as a comedy and based around all of the wacky Rickey anecdotes would be a blast.
What happens when 5 teams all tie for a wild card spot?

Mark Polishuk
There won't be any tiebreaker games, so the league will go to some type of mathematical formula or extra tiebreaker (head-to-head record, record vs. common opponents, or something) to break the deadlock.
Should Marlins man get a cardboard cut out?

Mark Polishuk
Isn't Marlins Man a pretty wealthy guy? I'm surprised he hasn't arranged to have a cut-out of himself in every ballpark.

Tags: