Cards game cancelled

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Re: Cards game cancelled

Post by CardsofSTL »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
August 4 20, 3:20 pm
So...have the players/staff just been sitting in their hotel rooms since thursday? Like, no leaving their rooms for any reason? Not saying that's wrong, but it would be pure hell for people like me that can't sit still for 20 minutes without going crazy.
There's things you can do

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
August 4 20, 7:31 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
So...have the players/staff just been sitting in their hotel rooms since thursday? Like, no leaving their rooms for any reason? Not saying that's wrong, but it would be pure hell for people like me that can't sit still for 20 minutes without going crazy.
It would suck to have to watch Rachael Ray reruns on the local Milwaukee channels all day.

Fortunately, PBS Kids awaits them.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Cardinals president John Mozeliak announced Tuesday night that the team has been cleared to resume play this Friday against the Cubs.

After another round of COVID-19 tests with no additional positives, the Cardinals can finally leave the Milwaukee hotel where they've been quarantined for nearly a week. The plan is to work out at Busch Stadium on Thursday and then welcome the Cubs for a three-game weekend series beginning on Friday night. St. Louis has seven confirmed positive cases on its 30-man roster, including Yadier Molina and Paul DeJong, and there are also six staff members with the virus. Molina and DeJong were placed on the injured list Tuesday, along with Carlos Martinez, Junior Fernandez, Edmundo Sosa, and Kodi Whitley. Rangel Ravelo is positive too.
Source: Anne Rogers on Twitter
Jan 19, 1970, 6:29 AM ET

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

7 players have it, 6 players allowed their names to be released, then 7 players are added to the IL. The other guy that didn't allow his name to be released had already been reported so I understand his desire to not waive privacy. At the same time, MLB's policy provides no privacy unless they're allowed to carry 50 guys on the roster and can add a bunch to the IL after an outberea

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Genesis Cabrera (COVID-19) is likely to be activated ahead of Friday's series opener against the Cubs.

Cabrera tested positive for COVID-19 at the beginning of summer camp, but he's in better shape now than a number of pitchers on the Cardinals' roster following a team outbreak of the virus in the second week of the 2020 regular season. The 23-year-old left-hander figures to work in relief for St. Louis, though he could be tried as a starter at some point this summer. Alex Reyes (COVID-19) is also due to be activated Friday.
Source: Jeff Jones on Twitter
Aug 5, 2020, 8:16 AM ET

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
August 4 20, 7:31 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
It would suck to have to watch Rachael Ray reruns on the local Milwaukee channels all day.
More likely they were watching Cow Tipping competitions.