Cronos Memorial GoFundMe

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Cronos Memorial GoFundMe

Post by TheoSqua »

We have set up a GoFundMe to make a donation to Cardinals Care in Cronos' honor. Cardinals Care allows you to make donations in memorial of someone and have a certificate created and mailed to someone. We're trying to identify someone in Cronos' family where we can mail the certificate.

Link: https://gf.me/u/ytbbpd

100% of the money we get from GoFundMe will go directly to Cardinals Care. I believe GoFund me keeps 3%, so i'll make sure to donate everything else and post a screenshot of the donation here.

If you do not want to go through GoFundMe, you can donate to Cardinals Care directly here: https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/community ... inals-care

Update:
Thanks to everyone who has donated, my hope was to get to $250 and we are at $415 right now. That's really awesome.

I'm going to leave the GoFundMe open for another week or so. My hope is we might be able to get to $500 (which is a "Grand Slam" on Cardinals Care' website), but regardless of the end amount i'm thrilled by the showing of support by everyone here. Thanks again!

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Cronos Memorial GoFundMe

Post by sighyoung »

Up to $500 now. What a nice tribute to him.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Just to let folks know, I got in touch with one of Paul's friends, to see if they would connect with the family and either provide us an address to have the donation certificate sent, or, in case they were wary of giving their address to a stranger, have it mailed to me, and I meet them (or one of Paul's friends) in a public place to hand them the certificate.

I linked the gofundme page, the thread about Paul's passing, and the gameday memorial threads as well.

The friend was very appreciative of GRB's efforts and will contact the family and then get back to me. We are up to $535, which is a wonderful way to honor Paul. If you haven't yet, please consider donating even just $5 in memory of a very good man.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Thanks JC, I appreciate your efforts there.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Awesome job setting this up. Happy to donate.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

JCShutout wrote:
August 24 20, 1:53 pm
Just to let folks know, I got in touch with one of Paul's friends, to see if they would connect with the family and either provide us an address to have the donation certificate sent, or, in case they were wary of giving their address to a stranger, have it mailed to me, and I meet them (or one of Paul's friends) in a public place to hand them the certificate.

I linked the gofundme page, the thread about Paul's passing, and the gameday memorial threads as well.

The friend was very appreciative of GRB's efforts and will contact the family and then get back to me. We are up to $535, which is a wonderful way to honor Paul. If you haven't yet, please consider donating even just $5 in memory of a very good man.
Thanks, JC. I love our GRB community.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

up to 750!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

This is beyond what I ever expected, and I'm super proud of the GRB community. I know Paul would be too.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Done! Thanks for putting this together. I'm sure it will mean a lot to his family!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

You all are amazing