Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Re: 8/29 GDT: Indians(Carrasco) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 12:15 PM CT

Post by Magneto2.0 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
August 29 20, 9:17 pm
Magneto2.0 wrote:
August 29 20, 8:02 pm
To be fair, it's been almost 5 years in a row of us having a team that's terrible at the fundamentals of baseball. That's on the GM for construction of the team and manager for not coaching them enough/properly about these constant mishaps. In recent years we have a team full of guys that just make really stupid decisions, especially on the base path. Now we have guys who can't hit a fly ball out to bring a runner home from third.
I'm not going to give him the credit, because I don't know if it's a coaching thing or just some players with speed who are innately good, but the baserunning for the Cardinals has been among the best in MLB since Shildt took over. The defense has also been very, very good.

I think the problem is that the team [expletive] sucks offensively, so any baserunning/defensive error is exacerbated.

Maybe that's what it is. Because it seems like we're always making some major blunder on the base paths.

Tags:

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:
August 29 20, 6:28 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
August 29 20, 3:25 pm
dmarx114 wrote:
August 29 20, 3:24 pm
This team is making so many mistakes.

It’s just unbelievable.

Constantly finding new ways to lose.
Blame the GM
I am not even talking about talent. I am just referring to playing clean baseball.

[expletive] show all around.

Players need to stop making mistakes. That’s not on the manager, gm, or ownership.
To be fair, it's been almost 5 years in a row of us having a team that's terrible at the fundamentals of baseball. That's on the GM for construction of the team and manager for not coaching them enough/properly about these constant mishaps. In recent years we have a team full of guys that just make really stupid decisions, especially on the base path. Now we have guys who can't hit a fly ball out to bring a runner home from third.
Just not true. Last year’s defense and base running were excellent.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

dmarx114 wrote:
August 30 20, 12:34 pm
Magneto2.0 wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:
August 29 20, 6:28 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
August 29 20, 3:25 pm
dmarx114 wrote:
August 29 20, 3:24 pm
This team is making so many mistakes.

It’s just unbelievable.

Constantly finding new ways to lose.
Blame the GM
I am not even talking about talent. I am just referring to playing clean baseball.

[expletive] show all around.

Players need to stop making mistakes. That’s not on the manager, gm, or ownership.
Just not true. Last year’s defense and base running were excellent.
I never brought up defense, defense is good. However, base running mistakes seems like a major issue every year.