heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Cardinals Offseason Questions

Post by heyzeus »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
November 20 20, 9:53 am
heyzeus wrote:
November 20 20, 9:43 am
Great article here by our own JL21 on the big questions for the Cardinals' offseason
https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2020/11/20 ... -cardinals
Nice read. Thanks for posting. I forget about that site from time to time.
Part of it is my own life, but I've all but forgotten about baseball over the past few weeks. It's hard to be excited about it right now for a variety of reasons, ranging from the pandemic to cost cutting to family things.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

heyzeus wrote:
November 20 20, 10:17 am
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
November 20 20, 9:53 am
heyzeus wrote:
November 20 20, 9:43 am
Great article here by our own JL21 on the big questions for the Cardinals' offseason
https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2020/11/20 ... -cardinals
Nice read. Thanks for posting. I forget about that site from time to time.
Part of it is my own life, but I've all but forgotten about baseball over the past few weeks. It's hard to be excited about it right now for a variety of reasons, ranging from the pandemic to cost cutting to family things.
Yeah, I get that. Glad to hear you can find joy in your life a bit right now and a good distraction. You are in my thoughts and I hope you find peace!

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I never get tired of reading JL's drivel.

Jayramball04
All-Star

Post by Jayramball04 »

Were we not in the running for Stanton a few years back? like dropping over 200 million...just need to spend money and add just a few pieces,I Dont understand the logic of whoever is calling the shots with these decisions , and signing guys on the closer end of 35 and paying them big , is this really smart moves ?

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

In leu of the perpetual "Big Fish 5-win Player" conversation, when does Arrenado's name float back to the surface? Even more so, now that we've essentially, for the moment, subtracted a GG'r from the Infield.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Free agent Adam Wainwright uncertain of his future with St. Louis Cardinals
10:53 AM MT

Jesse RogersESPN Staff Writer
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/303 ... -cardinals
Longtime St. Louis Cardinals star and current free agent Adam Wainwright is in wait-and-see mode.

"I know the nature of the business of baseball with salaries, and not sure what the revenues will be like next year," Wainwright told ESPN this week. "Or the fan situation.

"St. Louis is very dependent on their fan situation to bring in revenues to offset player costs. They said that, and I really believe them. They don't have the billion, billion, billion dollar TV deals that some other teams do."

Between 2013 and 2019, the Cardinals ranked second in the National League in attendance, behind only the Los Angeles Dodgers, despite playing in the 23rd-largest market in the country.