dmarx114 wrote:
November 27 20, 8:24 am
Give him 2 years. He's worth it.
yup

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Yadi's a free agent

Post by GeddyWrox »

The Cardinals’ payroll predicament left it unlikely to jump to meet the demands of Molina, who’s said to be hoping for a multi-year deal while “seeking at least a one-year, $10 million deal with a 2022 option.” That’d eat up a big chunk of the available spending for the club, though president of baseball operations John Mozeliak did make clear that he’d pursue an alternative backstop if Yadi heads elsewhere.

In the case of Molina, Saxon writes that early talks didn’t gain much traction. Molina’s camp viewed an initial offer from the Cards as an attempt to lowball the veteran.

Wainwright doesn’t seem to have held many substantial discussions at all, with the Cardinals or other organizations. He says that he has yet to receive any firm numbers from suitors. Wainwright’s contract situation is at least more straightforward than that of Molina, as he could slot into just about any rotation and is said to be seeking only a single-season contract.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/12/ ... right.html

10 mil + an option for Yadi? I think he's earned that. WTF MO???

CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Maybe if he had been a gold glove finalist last year he'd be worth 10 million. #bluefont

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Angel Hernandez
You think it's more likely we're going to see Yadi in Angel red or Cardinal red next year?

Ben Clemens
Cardinal Red, though I'd take the field over the Cards at this point

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Ross
Why are the Cardinals attempting to sign a soon-to-be 39 year old catcher who has statistically declined for at least three seasons at the plate? Legacy contracts haven’t treated the team well in the outfield or infield with Carpenter or Fowler.

Ben Clemens
They'd do it because people love Yadi!
I'm honestly with you on this one, but I know plenty of Cards fan friends who want him back no matter what
I think my specific issue with bringing him back is just that he demands so much playing time, but I totally admit that I like having him on the team
I think I'm in favor of ripping the Band-aid off and seeing what Knizner can do next year, but I also thought Yadi would be retiring this offseason

SunnyJim
Single A Minor League Player

Post by SunnyJim »

Hi! New guy here.

I'd like to see Yadi retire a Cardinal.

So, re-sign him you cheap bastards!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, Yadier Molina's preference is to remain with the Cardinals.

The nine-time Gold Glove winner is exploring his options on the free agent market, but is sounds like St. Louis is where he wants to be. The 38-year-old backstop is hunting for a two-year contract -- and balked at the Cardinals original "ridiculous" offer -- but the most likely scenario has the two sides eventually working something out.
Source: Derrick Goold on Twitter
Dec 26, 2020, 12:15 PM ET

CardsofSTL

Post by CardsofSTL »

SunnyJim wrote:
December 26 20, 10:59 am
Hi! New guy here.

I'd like to see Yadi retire a Cardinal.

So, re-sign him you cheap bastards!
Welcome Sunny J

I'm in the re-sign Yadi camp too, even though it might cost more than his value of you look at it without emotion. But I really don't want to see him in another uniform.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I want to re-sign Yadi, but it is complicated by Yadi’s ego. He will want to catch 130+ games per year (pace), whether his body holds up or not. He shouldn’t be. The Cardinals are a better team if he’s playing 50% or less of the time.

Just seeing his thoughts on the gold glove this year are a huge red flag. It won’t end well. Either he is playing and dragging the team down, or he’s not playing and pouting, likely being a clubhouse cancer.

CardsofSTL

Post by CardsofSTL »

Popeye_Card wrote:
December 27 20, 8:13 pm
I want to re-sign Yadi, but it is complicated by Yadi’s ego. He will want to catch 130+ games per year (pace), whether his body holds up or not. He shouldn’t be. The Cardinals are a better team if he’s playing 50% or less of the time.

Just seeing his thoughts on the gold glove this year are a huge red flag. It won’t end well. Either he is playing and dragging the team down, or he’s not playing and pouting, likely being a clubhouse cancer.

Luckily there's an easy fix for that
Al Hrabosky wrote: Best way to fix clubhouse harmony is by winning ballgames