Fox Sports Midwest to be Re-Named

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Fox Sports Midwest to be Re-Named

Post by Popeye_Card »

mikechamp wrote:
March 18 21, 8:25 am
Is that the same company? I thought the Bally's moniker on the TV network was affiliated with the gambling empire.
All the same. That company has gone through a rather odd evolution over the years.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Cardinals and Bally Sports Midwest announce 2021 broadcast schedule
The St. Louis Cardinals announced Friday that every 2021 regular-season game will be televised locally or nationally as well as broadcast on KMOX and the Cardinals Radio Network. Additionally, all 81 home games will feature live Spanish radio broadcasts.

In its 28th season with the team, and 11th as the exclusive local TV home of the Cardinals, Bally Sports Midwest (rebranding from FOX Sports Midwest) is scheduled to carry 151 regular-season games this season. Bally Sports Midwest will continue to produce Cardinals Live pregame and postgame shows for every regular-season telecast, live from the network’s studio in Ballpark Village.

Play-by-play announcer Dan McLaughlin (24th season) and analysts Jim Edmonds, Ricky Horton, Brad Thompson and Rick Ankiel will call game action. Jim Hayes, Scott Warmann and Erica Weston will serve as reporters and hosts for Cardinals Live, while former Cardinals pitcher Al Hrabosky serves as pregame and postgame studio analyst. The network will also continue to air Cardinals Insider, the club-produced weekly television show, beginning on Sunday, April 4, and the weekly Cardinals Kids Show beginning Saturday, April 3.

Bally Sports Midwest’s regular-season coverage starts Opening Day (Thursday, April 1) at 2 p.m. with a one-hour Cardinals Live pregame. Bally Sports Midwest will also produce an expanded Cardinals Live pregame before the home opener on April 8; live coverage that day will begin at 1:30 p.m. CT.

Cardinals programming airing on Bally Sports Midwest will stream live on the all-new Bally Sports app and on BallySports.com for consumers who authenticate through their pay-TV service. The app and website will launch in coordination with the network rebrand on March 31. The FOX Sports GO app will update to the new Bally Sports app upon the rebrand.

Currently, nine regular-season games will be carried exclusively on ESPN, FOX (aired locally on KTVI) or FS1 as part of Major League Baseball’s national television packages, with another four ESPN games scheduled to co-exist with the local Bally Sports Midwest telecast. Two games have not been scheduled, but will be televised nationally or carried locally on Bally Sports Midwest.

Looks like no more Tim McCarver. Though he might have made that decision on his own.

Famous Mortimer
All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Can't say I'm terribly upset at McCarver not being there (although it's a little weird they're giving the huge send-off to Shannon and doing nothing for him). Perhaps someone worked out that constantly saying how much better the players of the 60s were than the ones of today wasn't the best idea for keeping new fans.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
March 20 21, 8:31 am
Can't say I'm terribly upset at McCarver not being there (although it's a little weird they're giving the huge send-off to Shannon and doing nothing for him). Perhaps someone worked out that constantly saying how much better the players of the 60s were than the ones of today wasn't the best idea for keeping new fans.
Not giving him a send off for the same reason I'm not voting for Hernandez for the Card's HoF. He worked for the pond scum for too damned long.

And, yes, get off my lawn.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Shannon has McCarver beat with his fifty continuous years of service. Also McCarver might have just opted out due to coronavirus and not actually retired. There was no announcement.

DeadMoney
Everyday Player

Post by DeadMoney »

Does anyone know of any updates on the streaming options for Cardinal games?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

DeadMoney wrote:
April 7 21, 1:43 pm
AT&T TV seems to be the only platform to stream Bally Sports in most regions; other than the MLBTV app itself which of course you have to deal with blackouts unless you can VPN that shizzle.

DeadMoney
Everyday Player

Post by DeadMoney »

Thanks for the info. I'm ready to ditch Direct TV/AT&T as soon as I learn of a service that will stream Bally Sports

CT Defector
Perennial All-Star

Post by CT Defector »

DeadMoney wrote:
April 7 21, 1:43 pm
We switched from Directv to YouTube Tv about a year ago, everything was going great until they dropped FSM. We have been waiting to see if they would offer a separate package but Bally announced that wouldn’t be until 2022, so we are doing a trial of AT&T TV. We’ve had it for a week and we found out you can’t pause live tv and that might be a deal breaker for us. I happened to see an article about Cardinals viewership being down and all the comments were complaining that it was because there are so few places to watch it, someone mentioned uzzu tv. I checked into it and it’s all sports, you can’t record, can’t pause or rewind live tv, and can only watch on 1 tv, maybe 2, I am seeing conflicting reports, but it is only $20/month or $120 a year and it has all the MLB games and you can choose the home or away feed, has NHL, NBA, and NFL, too. I’m trying it now and so far so good, I think I’ll use YTTV and uzzu and it’s still less than AT&T TV and I’ll have the unlimited dvr and the pause and rewind live tv on everything that’s on YTTV.