99% conan clips

Re: Lindor to the Mets

Post by Jocephus »

isn't hoyer in charge of the cubs now?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

He is. What i meant was that Theo comes into an organization, depletes the farm system, bloats payroll, and brings home a championship and then gets run out of town.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

This was such a huge miss for the Cardinals. Perfect player for who they like to target, playing a prime position, and it didn't take much to get him. Of all of the transactions they haven't pursued in the past several years, this one stings the most.

cardsfantx
Perennial All-Star

Post by cardsfantx »

Popeye_Card wrote:
January 8 21, 12:18 pm
This was such a huge miss for the Cardinals. Perfect player for who they like to target, playing a prime position, and it didn't take much to get him. Of all of the transactions they haven't pursued in the past several years, this one stings the most.
hey, he's just a rental. we can sign him to a huge long term deal this offseason when he becomes a FA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

go birds wrote:
January 8 21, 11:51 am
Cubs are looking to move wilson contreras and would not be the least bit surprised to see one of baez, bryant or rizzo get moved.

i gotta admit, i was on the "cubs are going to run the central for a long long time" bandwagon based solely on their ability to spend, but epstein gonna epstein i guess.

Kudos to those trying to talk some of us off the ledge.

Screw the cards front office though. They will only see this as an opportunity to remain mediocre.
The only reason they’re not is that their owners are truly pieces of [expletive].

CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

We knew a trade was going to happen with Lindor and I think we knew the Cardinals wouldn't be involved.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

CardsofSTL wrote:
January 8 21, 5:13 pm
We knew a trade was going to happen with Lindor and I think we knew the Cardinals wouldn't be involved.
I figured it would happen, but hoped the package to get him would at least make me think “well maybe the Cardinals shouldn’t have given that much up.”

But...nope. And they just gave away Carrasco with him (who the Cards could certainly use as well).