Connor Byrne's NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Connor Byrne's NL Central comments

Post by mikechamp »

These comments came from a chat with MLB Trade Rumors' Connor Byrne that occurred on February 25. He's back for what seems like a once-a-month chat. Not much content this time, though he said he would chat next week, so we'll see. There is 1 bonus Q&As about Pujols.

The link to the entire chat can be found here: https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-10020.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Bucs maybe terrible this year, but mark it down: Keller will not be.

Connor Byrne
I don't think he will be either. Keller and Ke'Bryan Hayes are a couple guys who could give Pirates fans some hope during what should be another awful year for the team.
Josh Hader getting traded?

Connor Byrne
I don't see it happening before the season. Maybe if the Brewers are out of it at the deadline.
Rank the following pending FA shortstops in order from most likely to least likely to sign an extension:
Javier Baez
Carlos Correa
Francisco Lindor
Corey Seager
Trevor Story

Connor Byrne
I'd probably go Lindor, Baez, Correa, Seager, Story.
Do the Cards win the Central?

Connor Byrne
They're my pick right now.
Your thoughts on Padres fans getting Yelich trade to SD trending on Twitter? Obv won’t happen but man reading some of the tweets about couldn’t tell if they were trolling or just not thinking lol.

Connor Byrne
I've received a lot of questions on this Yelich thing, too. I knew nothing about it before the chat, and I haven't seen any credible reports, so I doubt it has any legs.
If Kenley can't close it anymore during the season, could the Dodgers trade for Hader or any elite closer avail or closers by committee what they have now?

Connor Byrne
In this scenario, yeah, I would expect the Dodgers to be heavily in on top relievers, whether that's Hader or others.
Am I wrong to hate the Ricketts?

Connor Byrne
"hate" is too strong, but the Ricketts have done an astoundingly poor job since the Cubs' World Series win in 2016. Most/all of the goodwill is gone.
Trade Bryant at the deadline for all the young pitching you can get, am I right?

Connor Byrne
If the Cubs aren't in contention by then, sure, but that division currently looks as if it could go to anyone but the Pirates.
You apologize to Corey Seager this second for implying that Baez is a better player and/or deserves a better contract. Blasphemy.

Connor Byrne
When did I imply that? Pretty sure the question was about who's more likely to sign an extension.
Do Pujols have any chance of playing in 2022?

Connor Byrne
No, I think Pujols is done after this year.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Connor Byrne's NL Central comments

Post by CardsofSTL »

Do the Cards win the Central?

Connor Byrne
They're my pick right now.
Way to be bold Connor.