Connor Byrne's NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Connor Byrne's NL Central comments

Post by mikechamp »

These comments came from a chat with MLB Trade Rumors' Connor Byrne that occurred on March 4. Two weeks in a row! This might become a regular thing. A lot of MIL content this time, but no bonus Q&As.

The link to the entire chat can be found here: https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-10080.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Is the Brewers offseason now officially over?

Connor Byrne
You can never close the door on minor league signings/waiver claims/small trades, but I think the Brewers' heavy lifting is done. I like the JBJ and Wong signings.
How good will Arenado & Goldschmidt be back to back?

Connor Byrne
Pretty dangerous. Just as Goldy came back to life last year, I think Arenado will rebound this season.
Who would you rather have on your team for next season: Inciarte or Gregory Polanco?

Connor Byrne
Polanco
People are saying the Brewers paid too much for defense with JBJ. Did everyone forget the Jason Heyward contract with the Cubs?!

Connor Byrne
They may have overpaid by a little bit (I think we at MLBTR predicted 2/20), but it's a fine deal overall. Not a lot of risk there; JBJ should live up to it.

He has a high floor with his mix of defense and passable offense
So how ARE the Brewers going to juggle four outfielders?

Connor Byrne
High-class problem. Avi Garcia can play a couple times of week when one of JBJ/Yelich/Cain gets a breather.
Reds will win the NL Central. That is all.

Connor Byrne
Any non-Pirates team could win it. I'll probably write up a poll on the subject soon.
The Reds' offseason stunk, though.
If you were Stearns, would you rather have JBJ for 1/13-2/24 or Odo for 3/39 (assuming that gets it done)?

Connor Byrne
Tough one, but I'd probably take JBJ because I trust him more to stay healthy and give me at least average production.
If Bonds et. al. should get into the HOF, so should Rose.

Connor Byrne
I'd put him in.
Are people underrating Cincy’s rotation even after Bauer’s departure? Mahle and Antone could make a nice 4 and 5.

Connor Byrne
It's still a pretty good-looking group. It'll be interesting to see if Lorenzen's able to stick.
Why are you always so low on the Pirates? Kuhl and Brault had breakout years last year! Keller a top 15 prospect! Ke'Bryan Hayes is the ROY favorite! Bryan Reynolds led the league in batting for most of 2019! Stallings and Frazier gold glove finalists! Geez Louis....

Connor Byrne
They're quite bad, but I do think Hayes will win ROY. He'll be fun to watch if you're a fan looking for hope in a bleak situation.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Connor Byrne's NL Central comments

Post by CardsofSTL »

Poor Pirate fans grasping for straws. Feel bad for that fanbase.