CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Opening Day Roster Set

Post by CardsofSTL »

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

The Cardinals really dropped the ball on an opportunity to firmly make themselves the favorites in the Central by simply adding depth in smart places in a buyers market.

Now we have a bench with John Nogowski, Austin Dean, Edmundo Sosa et al and a starting rotation with John Gant and Daniel Poncedeleon. Though, to be fair, both Nogowski and Dean actually hit in the minor leagues. Both also look bad in the field but offer a little potential at the plate.

I'll still watch, because I'm crazy like that, and they'll still be competitive, because that's what they do, but this still turned out a frustrating offseason even with adding Arenado.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I'm more upset they didn't add a veteran starter for some pitching depth than the bench.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I'm ready for some mother [expletive] baseball.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

MLB.com wrote about surprising players that made the opening day roster. You can see the full article at this link:

Roster Surprises

Here was the Cardinals related surprise according to the author:
John Nogowski, 1B, Cardinals

“The Big Nogowski” is an easy “Dude” to root for. He’s 28 years old and a 34th-round pick (by the A’s in 2014). The one game he played for the Cardinals is the only game he’s played in the big leagues.

But rather than be relegated to cup-of-coffee status, the 6-foot, 245-pound Nogowski played his butt off this spring, ripping hits and charging hard down the line. He also showed a keen eye (nine walks, three strikeouts) that’s helped him accrue a .375 on-base percentage in six Minor League seasons. He made it impossible for the Cards to deny him.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »