Cardinals getting vaccinated

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Cardinals getting vaccinated

Post by Jocephus »

was scrolling thru the 1st FG GDT chat and spotted this lil blurb
1:21
Joey Caltrain: Kevin and David, you both might have a bit of an inside view: how many MLB players do you think are anti-vaxxers?

Kevin Goldstein: More than you’d like to know. Was thrilled to see the Cardinals get over 85%.

1:25
Avatar Jay Jaffe: It’s funny, the Cardinals shocked me by becoming the first team to get to the 85% vax compliance yesterday. The day before, in light of Mookie Betts’ comments that essentially closed ranks about whoever might be anti-vax on his team, I privately predicted (to Kevin and a few others) that no team would get to 85%, because doing so would take 100% compliance from the nonplaying Tier 1 personnel (manager, coaches, trainers, clubbies) plus something around 75% from players, that in a country where polling shows something closer to 60-70% in favor of vaxing among the general public and, for demographic reasons, likely less compliance among the players. Happy to be proven wrong so quickly!
i wonder if theres much pressure from the player wives to get 'em

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I think the incentives convinced the players that were more ambivalent about getting the vaccine; they wouldn't want to keep their teammates from getting those perks due to their not getting the vaccine. Just a guess.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Good for the Cards.

One does have to appreciate the irony in a group of people who for several decades happily injected steroids into their butts and still drink all kinds of weird synthetic protein shakes made from God knows what worrying the vaccine might not be safe.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Cleveland Indians’ James Karinchak takes anti-vaccine stance on social media
If the Indians get 85% of their traveling party vaccinated, many of the health and safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of the coronavirus will be loosened. Apparently that 85% will not include right-hander James Karinchak.

While part of the Indians’ traveling party was being vaccinated at Progressive Field during Wednesday’s off-day, Karinchak added an anti-vaccine post from Jay Nera to his Instagram story. The post used a quote attributed to Hermann Goering, a convicted war criminal and a leader of the Nazi party during World War II, about how it is possible to control people through fear.

Karinchak later removed the post. The Indians have had several several conversations with Karinchak about his use of social media.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I don't know people are so scared about getting a shot in the arm. It's really not that big of a deal. Were people in the 1950s refusing to get the polio vaccine?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

suck it, chicago
Jed Hoyer 'disappointed' Chicago Cubs not reaching 85% COVID-19 vaccination threshold
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/314 ... -threshold

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Jocephus wrote:
May 20 21, 12:49 pm
suck it, chicago
Jed Hoyer 'disappointed' Chicago Cubs not reaching 85% COVID-19 vaccination threshold
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/314 ... -threshold
This has Jake Arrieta written all over it. He's radiQalizing the cubs clubhouse.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Wow. Do I know my baseball dip [expletive] or do I know my baseball dip [expletive]?

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/ ... l/2510940/

I bet if you told him the syringe was full of untraceable steroids he'd rip the needle out of your hands and shoot it himself.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

So glad that Jeff Suppan isn't still around, as he would surely be dragging our percentage down.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Y'all remember when the Cardinals hater "har har best fans in baseball!" pundits assumed the Cardinals wouldn't hit the vaccine threshold? I believe the Cards were first, and here we are almost two months later...hi Cubs!