Lindor offered 10yrs $325m. He says NOPE.

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Lindor offered 10yrs $325m. He says NOPE.

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Yowzers. AAV of $32m until he's almost 40 years old? Glad we splashed on Nolando. Lindor is good, but not special.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Lindor offered 12yrs $385m. He says NOPE.

Post by CardsofSTL »

Lindor wants 12/385; the Mets offered 10 years and around 325.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: Lindor offered 12yrs $385m. He says NOPE.

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 30 21, 1:41 pm
Lindor wants 12/385; the Mets offered 10 years and around 325.
Yes siree. Just about to edit that.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: Lindor offered 10yrs $325m. He says NOPE.

Post by Leroy »

Oh a counter-offer. That's what we lawyers - I'm a lawyer - we lawyers call that a counter-offer. Lemme see...This is a tough decision you're givin' me here. Get my ass kicked or collect two hundred dollars. Hmmp. Let me think... I could use a good ass kickin', I'll be very honest with you... nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Lindor, Mets owner dine

Francisco Lindor's extension negotiations may be brushing up on Opening Day, but optimism remains strong within the organization that the two sides can complete a deal.

The latest evidence surfaced Saturday in Florida, according to Mets manager Luis Rojas and others, who confirmed that owner Steve Cohen spent a night dining with Lindor. Cohen hinted at the meal on Twitter, replying to a question by quipping: “The ravioli wasn’t very good.” He later told another fan that Lindor ordered chicken parmesan.

In that manner, Cohen has become playful in recent days regarding Lindor’s contract negotiations. He also jokingly crowdsourced extension terms, asking fans what they thought the Mets should offer Lindor. Most responses came in well over $300 million, which many industry sources have long considered the floor for a Lindor extension.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Chicken Parm, excellent call.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
March 30 21, 1:36 pm
Yowzers. AAV of $32m until he's almost 40 years old? Glad we splashed on Nolando. Lindor is good, but not special.
I think he's special, but likely only for the next few seasons. The number of SS's who are top 10 type players after they turn 30 is extremely small.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Popeye_Card wrote:
March 30 21, 4:49 pm
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
I think he's special, but likely only for the next few seasons. The number of SS's who are top 10 type players after they turn 30 is extremely small.
Yeah, the number of guys who a deal like that is gonna work out is really, really small.

Lindor is exceptionally good, but Popeye's right. Shortstops don't tend to be terribly great past 30 unless you're like Cal Ripken or Ozzie Smith.

Still, he should absolutely go get every dollar he's worth. I'd say the same to someone making $30,000 or $30,000,000. If you're generating revenue, advocate for your fair share of it. If you're asking too much, you'll find out.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

A steal to get him for that.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Popeye_Card wrote:
March 30 21, 4:49 pm
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
"Ain't special" is rich.

Automatic 5-7 WAR player for the next few seasons with 2-3 per season for awhile after. That pays for itself immediately. If that "ain't special" then who the [expletive] is?

If he can't field SS, slide him to 2B and still get a lot of WAR. It's not like he's getting his runs via speed. He has negative BsR so I think he will age fine.