CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 4/11 GDT: Brewers(Anderson) vs Cardinals(Ponce de Leon) 1:15 PM CT

Post by CardsofSTL »

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Thompson is the worst. I'll listen to the opposition feed if he's on.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Carter Le Grand wrote:
April 11 21, 2:46 pm
Radbird wrote:
April 11 21, 1:25 pm
Carter Le Grand wrote:
April 11 21, 12:21 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
April 11 21, 12:08 pm
Carter Le Grand wrote:
April 11 21, 10:43 am
Greetings to all. I was once a die hard Card fan but in recent years since moving west from St. Louis via Memphis to Phoenix I back slid. But now I have Sirius radio so I get the KMOX feed.

I had got to the point of watching the FSMW games muted because the constant jibber jabber of Dan, Al and that other guy, was driving me nuts. I find it MUCH more enjoyable listening to the radio like in childhood. When Arenado hit that HR in the opener I got that old thrill feeling back. Pretty sweet
Welcome to GRB Carter!

When I was younger we used to mute the TV broadcast and listen to Jack and Mike, I think many did that. For us it was just the familiarity of listening to Jack Buck call the game. I don't mind Danny Mac but he tends to feed off whoever his partner is. I like it when he's teamed up with Edmonds in the booth.

Glad you found us and said hello... Feel free to jump into the conversations!
Thanks for the welcome, Cardsfan. Ditto on muting TV for Jack and Mike

Pretty stoked to see Lane back up and back in the OF today
Welcome aboard, Carter! Hopefully we’ll make a game of it before this one’s over.

I used to listen to the radio because only 25 games a year were televised. I go back to the days of Harry & Jack, that was truly special. I’ll still do the radio feed when I’m on the road or mowing the lawn. I’ll be doing more radio this year with it being Moonman’s final season. Brad is the only TV guy that really grates on me. He just uses way too many words.
Do you by chance remember Jay Randolph? Brad has replaced him as the most irritating sportscaster in St. Louis sports history. I think the kid is on meth :(
I remember Jay Randolph doing tv announcing for many years--or "Jennings," as Mike Shannon would often address him. Ron Jacober, too.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

sighyoung wrote:
April 11 21, 3:59 pm
Carter Le Grand wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Carter Le Grand wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Carter Le Grand wrote:
Greetings to all. I was once a die hard Card fan but in recent years since moving west from St. Louis via Memphis to Phoenix I back slid. But now I have Sirius radio so I get the KMOX feed.

I had got to the point of watching the FSMW games muted because the constant jibber jabber of Dan, Al and that other guy, was driving me nuts. I find it MUCH more enjoyable listening to the radio like in childhood. When Arenado hit that HR in the opener I got that old thrill feeling back. Pretty sweet
Welcome to GRB Carter!

When I was younger we used to mute the TV broadcast and listen to Jack and Mike, I think many did that. For us it was just the familiarity of listening to Jack Buck call the game. I don't mind Danny Mac but he tends to feed off whoever his partner is. I like it when he's teamed up with Edmonds in the booth.

Welcome aboard, Carter! Hopefully we’ll make a game of it before this one’s over.

I used to listen to the radio because only 25 games a year were televised. I go back to the days of Harry & Jack, that was truly special. I’ll still do the radio feed when I’m on the road or mowing the lawn. I’ll be doing more radio this year with it being Moonman’s final season. Brad is the only TV guy that really grates on me. He just uses way too many words.
Do you by chance remember Jay Randolph? Brad has replaced him as the most irritating sportscaster in St. Louis sports history. I think the kid is on meth :(
I remember Jay Randolph doing tv announcing for many years--or "Jennings," as Mike Shannon would often address him. Ron Jacober, too.
Yep, I remember both Jay and Ron.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
April 11 21, 12:55 pm
Should I even go check how oddorizzi is doing? Feels like a huge miss.
On the bright side we didn’t sign James Paxton, who threw 2 innings before needing TJ surgery.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

Radbird wrote:
April 11 21, 4:24 pm
sighyoung wrote:
April 11 21, 3:59 pm
Carter Le Grand wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Carter Le Grand wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Carter Le Grand wrote:

Welcome to GRB Carter!

Yep, I remember both Jay and Ron.
Me too