Re: 2021 Minor League Season

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

tlombard wrote:
August 24 21, 8:18 pm
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
August 24 21, 8:06 pm
tlombard wrote:
August 24 21, 7:35 pm
You guys really let me down. Nobody thought to tell me that they just started a road trip after their home game Sunday? LOL. I had a complete brain fart and forgot that I wanted to get tickets for a game tonight... but they aren't in town and I actually bought a ticket for the next Tuesday home game. September 7th. I got all the way there, parked at Ozark Technical Community College, walked the 0.3 miles to the stadium and as I walked up I realized something was wrong. There was NO activity even though the gates should have been open. That is when it hit me. Wrong day.
I hate to laugh, but that's pretty damn funny. The good news is that there is almost no way it will be nastier to watch a game on the 7th than today. Today and tomorrow might be the 2 nastiest days (heat+super high humidity) of the year.
I thought of that too. And laugh away. I didn't admit to it here expecting sympathy, I owned up to it to give everybody a good laugh at my stupidity. Heck, I'm laughing about it. I walked back into the hotel room and my roommate just looked at me confused as to why I was back so early. Then he started laughing at me when I told him what I did.

To make it even better, I stopped at a sports bar to watch some of the Cards game and as part of my meal I ordered a small salad with oil and vinegar dressing. As I was eating the salad I kept thinking that they messed up and didn't put any dressing on the salad but whatever, there was a lot of cheese and bacon (more cheese, bacon and cucumber than lettuce possibly) and I just plowed through it since I had no idea where the server was and I am probably better off without dressing since I need to lose some weight and I didn't even realize that the salad would have bacon or that much cheese when I ordered it. It wasn't until after I finished my meal that I noticed the bottle of oil and bottle of vinegar sitting on the table next to my Diet Coke. That wasn't there when I sat at the table. I completely missed her bringing that with the food. I was supposed to dress my own salad how I liked it. Definitely wish I'd noticed that before I powered through the entire meal. Oh well. The moisture from the tomato and cucumber did actually do a decent job and I still did enjoy the salad even without dressing. It would have been better slathered in oil and vinegar though. Live and learn. Learn from your mistakes. Whatever. I made a lot of stupid mistakes today so enjoy my stupidity and laugh away! That's what I'm here for because lord knows I don't add anything meaningful to 99.99% of the threads on here.
Ebbets Field?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

The locations of today's stupidity were outside of Hammons Field and Big Whiskey's on Republic in Springfield, MO a few blocks from the hotel we're being housed in.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

Jocephus wrote:
August 26 21, 11:51 am
Should be a fast mover.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

So Juan Yepez is basically the next prospect that's gonna turn into gold for us, huh?

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Magneto2.0 wrote:
September 3 21, 3:28 pm
So Juan Yepez is basically the next prospect that's gonna turn into gold for us, huh?
Matt Adams homers for us again!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tacoma and Reno getting into it last night

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

After a false start two weeks ago, I'm finally getting to that Springfield Cardinals game tomorrow night!

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

After hitting .283 .404 .489 .893 in Springfield, Plummer is hitting .265 .490 .412 .902 in Memphis through 49 PA.