2021 Minor League Season

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: 2021 Minor League Season

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Nick Plummer had 2 HR and a 3B today, and is now hitting .283 .404 .489 .893.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I always have a hard time trusting Springfield and Memphis power numbers because we are burned time and time again on them.

I bought Tyler O’Neill’s because he raked in Seattle’s system too.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
August 22 21, 11:56 pm
Id like to see him come north next month. Its been an eon since he was called up last time.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
August 23 21, 9:24 am
Id like to see him come north next month. Its been an eon since he was called up last time.
He was just promoted to Memphis today.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
August 23 21, 7:41 am
I always have a hard time trusting Springfield and Memphis power numbers because we are burned time and time again on them.

I bought Tyler O’Neill’s because he raked in Seattle’s system too.
That he has always posted great BB rates gives me hope.

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

Plummer was seen by most analysts as an out and out bust not very long ago.

Gives me hope for Perez.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Superorganism wrote:
August 23 21, 10:47 am

Gives me hope for Perez.
For any fan paying attention, this is part and parcel a huge problem with our FO. We let some of our prospects just walk out the door, while we sit on other guys promoting\demoting them into obscurity; eventually trading them away. See: Adolis Garcia, just to name one.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
August 23 21, 9:32 am
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
August 23 21, 9:24 am
He was just promoted to Memphis today.
Great, so I won't get to see him tomorrow when I go to the game. Why did I even bother buying a ticket? /Sarcasm

I am excited to see Herera and Perez to an extent. Maybe Baker will hit a bomb for me while I'm there.

a_smith
Perennial All-Star

Post by a_smith »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
August 23 21, 11:09 am
Superorganism wrote:

Gives me hope for Perez.
For any fan paying attention, this is part and parcel a huge problem with our FO. We let some of our prospects just walk out the door, while we sit on other guys promoting\demoting them into obscurity; eventually trading them away. See: Adolis Garcia, just to name one.
Feel free and rip the FO for lots of stuff, but Garcia is a whiff by every team in baseball including the Rangers.
Texas DFAd this spring and no one claimed him.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

a_smith wrote:
August 23 21, 6:58 pm
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
August 23 21, 11:09 am
Superorganism wrote:

Gives me hope for Perez.
Feel free and rip the FO for lots of stuff, but Garcia is a whiff by every team in baseball including the Rangers.
Texas DFAd this spring and no one claimed him.
I forget which current Cardinal outfielder that they used in the comparison but a few weeks ago 101.1 did a comparison where somebody took player A and somebody took player B and they compared stats. One of the two players was Garcia and the other was a current Cardinal outfielder. They went through the stats without saying who was who and in the end, the current Cardinal outfielder was a pretty clear winner when you looked at the overall game. I feel like it is a situation where the grass is greener when you see one player play every single day. You see all of their failures and weak points. On the other hand, we only see the highlights of players on other teams. We see when they hit a bomb or have a great game. We don't see their failures and faults day in and day out. I especially believe that about closers. When we see a closer on another team, 95% of the time we are seeing them get the last out. If there are runners on base, we don't see that they let those runners on. How many times over the years have we watched the Cardinals get hits or take walks consistently off of some of the best closers in the game? On the other hand, we watch the Cardinal closers every day and we see every guy they walk or give up a hit to. We see every time the game is slipping away and they have to salvage it. We don't see that nearly as much from closers on other teams.

Of course, I'm probably completely wrong but that is how I feel and what I honestly believe. Let's fight! Well, let's fight with me responding one time tomorrow morning, maybe, and then forgetting about it and never coming back to throw another weak punch that gets blocked and laughed at. LOL.