Master of Hyperbole

2021 Minor League Season

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Some notables

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: 2021 Minor League Season

Post by Jocephus »

Miles Mikolas (shoulder) allowed two runs on five hits and a walk over 2 1/3 innings Wednesday in his rehab debut with Triple-A Memphis.

That's not the greatest stat line, but Mikolas did come through the outing with no abnormal discomfort. He told reporters afterward that his current schedule calls for his final rehab start to be on either May 16 or May 17, so he should an option for the Cardinals' rotation before the end of the month if there are no setbacks. The right-hander will aim to build up to six innings or around 90 pitches over his next two appearances.
Source: Jeff Jones on Twitter
May 6, 2021, 8:22 AM ET

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

This makes me feel funny down there.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Not super inspiring.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Saw Springfield (aa) play tonight. Felt good to be back at a game. Gorman and Herrera were the main guys I wanted to see but during warmups in the first inning I was like sheesh the ss (delvin Perez blast from the past) looks like he should be in the majors already. Then the game started.

Perez was the most flashy player but never made a flashy play. He was constantly shaking his wrist. Don’t know if something is wrong or what. But it was weird. He short hopped a throw to first and I’m pretty sure went hit less with a gidp and a swing that looks way too long like it belongs in a beer league softball game. Didn’t see any pizazz on defense though I don’t really remember him getting many if any opps. So he did nothing good. But he just looks the part. Easy to see why scouts loved him.

Not much to report on Gorman other than he rifled one that sounded good off the bat. Fielded third fine but nothing spectacular.

Herrera was a bit of a disappointment. Looked like a pretty slow pop time on one steal attempt and a not good day at the plate. Couldn’t see much of his receiving skills and didn’t pay much attention. One game is tough to draw a conclusion but. I didn’t get the hype.
Last edited by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 on May 13 21, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I had such high hopes for Perez.

Remember Nick Plummer? Cards made some questionable first round picks outside of Flaherty and Wong in the last decade. That Carlson guy might be alright.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 13 21, 10:04 am
I had such high hopes for Perez.

Remember Nick Plummer? Cards made some questionable first round picks outside of Flaherty and Wong in the last decade. That Carlson guy might be alright.
Check out Milwaukee's first round picks since 2010.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »