Angels have released Albert Pujols (signs w Dodgers pg 16)

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Angels have released Albert Pujols (signs w Dodgers pg 16)

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

As of now, Pujols has an .884 OPS as a Dodger through 58 PA.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
June 11 21, 9:32 pm
As of now, Pujols has an .884 OPS as a Dodger through 58 PA.
5 HRs, 143 OPS+. I'm so happy for Pujols.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

The Dodgers realized what the Angels somehow couldn’t: stop playing him every day. Start him and pinch hit him against LHP. I’m happy for him, but I was hanging out with my Astros fan neighbors last night and they were like “how did the Cardinals fail to sign him when he got cut?”

BayTownCard
Single A Minor League Player

Post by BayTownCard »

This is the problem with the cardinals current administration. Pujols coming back to STL to finish his career cements him as a cardinal lifer even though he left. Sports are in huge decline across the board because fans are losing interests due to players and franchises having little bond. It would have been a great deal to make, selling merch and also signaling to other free agents that STL is the place where we value this sort of thing.

MO is just not at all up to the task of leading STL into this decade. We need a fresh perspective and new blood.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Pujols is tied with Muncy for most Dodger HR since he signed with them.

OmahaCard79
Veteran Player

Post by OmahaCard79 »

But, but, but, the ageless wonder wasn't good enough to play for the Cardinals...or so we were told.

The ship of fools and their analytics said so. Who are we to second guess their infinite wisdom.

And, DeWallet would have had to have been pried open to the tune of league minimum.

That kind of spending is unacceptable.

Yet the Carpenter who would be better off as a carpenter than a hitter still has a job.

All the while the organization circles the drain while TBFIB gets to watch it like a snuff film.

Mo's seat isn't hot, and I doubt his tie feels tight around his neck. He has those pictures of DeWallet in compromising positions, methinks.

Why would you need to sell Pujols jerseys when you have all those Harrison Bader shirts flying off the shelves?

NOT CHAT!

SunnyJim
Veteran Player

Post by SunnyJim »

OmahaCard79 wrote:
June 21 21, 2:59 pm
But, but, but, the ageless wonder wasn't good enough to play for the Cardinals...or so we were told.

The ship of fools and their analytics said so. Who are we to second guess their infinite wisdom.

And, DeWallet would have had to have been pried open to the tune of league minimum.

That kind of spending is unacceptable.

Yet the Carpenter who would be better off as a carpenter than a hitter still has a job.

All the while the organization circles the drain while TBFIB gets to watch it like a snuff film.

Mo's seat isn't hot, and I doubt his tie feels tight around his neck. He has those pictures of DeWallet in compromising positions, methinks.

Why would you need to sell Pujols jerseys when you have all those Harrison Bader shirts flying off the shelves?

NOT CHAT!
I know Moxie didn't chat. But he sure liked Brandon Phillips.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

To me it was a no-brainer for the Cards to bring him back for a farewell tour. Would have added some excitement to an otherwise boring roster and he could have taught a thing or two to the young guys.

But at this point I'm happy for him that he didn't spend his final year with this squad. Maybe he can win one more WS with the Dodgers before retiring.

Can't help noticing by the way that Busch has yet to sell out since 100% capacity returned. Other clubs are filling the stands but Cards fans don't seem to be clamoring to get back to the field. Wonder why?