5/9 GDT: Rockies(Marquez) vs Cardinals(Wainwright) 1:15 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Re: 5/9 GDT: Rockies(Marquez) vs Cardinals(Wainwright) 1:15 PM CT

Post by Donnie Ebert »

If I'm a fan of an opposing team and almost-forty Waino shuts down the offense, I'm as frustrated as when Rich Hill or somebody shuts down the Cardinals. I'm sure the Rockies' version of GRB is melting down after the sweep.

But if he's on the team you're rooting for and has a day like this (adding in all the history and the Yadi/Waino dynamic), it's pretty special.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Donnie Ebert wrote:
May 9 21, 6:38 pm
If I'm a fan of an opposing team and almost-forty Waino shuts down the offense, I'm as frustrated as when Rich Hill or somebody shuts down the Cardinals. I'm sure the Rockies' version of GRB is melting down after the sweep.

But if he's on the team you're rooting for and has a day like this (adding in all the history and the Yadi/Waino dynamic), it's pretty special.
You big softie

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 9 21, 9:29 pm
Donnie Ebert wrote:

You big softie
Only when I drink too much.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Donnie Ebert wrote:

I just looked at the Rockies SB Nation page and - well, first things first, it's nice to have game recaps that aren't 5000 word mega-epics written by people with far too much time on their hands (VEB's recaps can be astonishingly tedious - too long if you've already watched the game, and way more boring than just watching a 5-minute recap if you haven't). But the few people on there aren't really mentioning Waino at all, more bothered about their own poor managerial decisions.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I’m doubtful that a Rockies version of GRB even exists.

People love going to Coors more than whoever is wearing the uniform. I’ve been to many games and there is always a significant contingent of fans for the visiting teams. The Front Range is booming and folks bring their team loyalties with them. And frankly, Denver is first and foremost a football town. The lead story on the nightly sports report is already the Broncos.

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Radbird wrote:
May 10 21, 12:32 pm
I’m doubtful that a Rockies version of GRB even exists.

People love going to Coors more than whoever is wearing the uniform. I’ve been to many games and there is always a significant contingent of fans for the visiting teams. The Front Range is booming and folks bring their team loyalties with them. And frankly, Denver is first and foremost a football town. The lead story on the nightly sports report is already the Broncos.
Theyre' still one of the better valued franchises in baseball. Lots of money to be had in that market. They need to right that ship.

Agree that they have a lot of the "third team" cap issues that I see Seattle dealing with too. It's like when there's Mariners vs. Red Sox and there's transplants all over in Dodgers or Cardinals hats. It's...how it goes in these cities with struggling-yearly teams.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:
May 10 21, 12:35 pm
So he sucked but it was in our favor. That's a passing grade in my book.

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 10 21, 1:20 pm
I think Jim Reynolds should become Wainwright’s personal umpire.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Radbird wrote:
May 10 21, 6:06 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
May 10 21, 1:20 pm
I think Jim Reynolds should become Wainwright’s personal umpire.
As an umpire, I'd love this kind of feedback to know how consistent I am and where my zone is, uh.... 'awkward' let's say.