Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

DeJong placed on 10-day IL, Hicks to 60 day IL

Post by Magneto2.0 »

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: DeJong placed on 10-day IL, Hicks to 60 day IL

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I’m guessing they went with Moroff instead of Rondon because Moroff is easier to DFA in a week.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
May 14 21, 3:58 pm
I’m guessing they went with Moroff instead of Rondon because Moroff is easier to DFA in a week.
Moroff is crushing it out of the gate in Memphis. Might just be because of that.

Might be best to keep rolling with Edman and doing Carp at second. Not sure Sosa has the wRC+ and Moroff might not be a big league hitter but who tf knows...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Rondon was already on the 40 man...was the Hicks move so that they could add Moroff to the 40 or was he there already as well? Kind of a strange move considering that. Moroff had a decent spring; I hope he gets a few reps in the Bigs.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 14 21, 4:32 pm
Rondon was already on the 40 man...was the Hicks move so that they could add Moroff to the 40 or was he there already as well? Kind of a strange move considering that. Moroff had a decent spring; I hope he gets a few reps in the Bigs.
Moroff can be DFA when DeJong returns without caring about losing him.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

May 14 21, 4:46 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
I'll care. <3

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 14 21, 4:48 pm
May 14 21, 4:46 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
I'll care. <3

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

This is absolute do or die time for Marp, he's going to get regular playing time during DeJong's IL stint. If he continues to hit in the low .100's in batting average then he has to be toast. If it gets to that point I would rather see what Moroff or Rondon has then knowing that Marp is done.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Cardinals president of baseball operations John Mozeliak said Thursday that the "best-case" scenario would have Jordan Hicks (elbow) returning in August.

Hicks was given an injection in his right elbow back in mid-May and will remain shut down for a while longer. Given that he's made just 10 appearances over the last two seasons following Tommy John surgery, the Cardinals will obviously proceed cautiously with the hard-throwing righty.
Source: Jeff Jones on Twitter
Jun 4, 2021, 10:33 AM ET

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

JoeMcKim wrote:
May 14 21, 5:48 pm
This is absolute do or die time for Marp, he's going to get regular playing time during DeJong's IL stint. If he continues to hit in the low .100's in batting average then he has to be toast. If it gets to that point I would rather see what Moroff or Rondon has then knowing that Marp is done.
I feel like do or die time was a few weeks ago, when Mo said "ABs would be more difficult to justify" for him, or whatever it was he said. If they keep running him out there, then they know what they're going to get.