Re: 5/16 GDT: Cardinals(Kim)@Padres(Weathers) 6:08 PM CT

Post by Schlich »

we tried... barely

Tags:

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Wouldn’t mind seeing just any trade Mo can pull out of his ass for a reliever with a low walk % and ignoring any other stat.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

That was just an absolute choke job of a loss.

Without a doubt the most pissed off about a loss I've been all season. That was just complete unacceptable and gave the game away.

I still cannot believe they walk so many [expletive] batters.

phins

Post by phins »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
May 16 21, 5:21 pm
DAMMIT. I wanted to at least score Molina. Oh well.
And on what planet does Molina not get to 2B on that ball? My goodness, why is he not busting his ass as soon as that ball goes into the air.

I am just so upset about this series. I knew they'd lose the series, but to just completely crap the bed the way they did is awful. Just awful.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

phins wrote:
May 16 21, 8:45 pm

Without a doubt the most pissed off about a loss I've been all season. That was just complete unacceptable and gave the game away.

How about the GM treating this like an emergency and making some moves? I don’t get how he can’t do that.

Would be down to trade a semi decent prospect for a like a bad team’s two best relievers even. Whatever it takes to show you’re serious.

phins

Post by phins »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 16 21, 8:52 pm
phins wrote:
May 16 21, 8:45 pm

How about the GM treating this like an emergency and making some moves? I don’t get how he can’t do that.

Would be down to trade a semi decent prospect for a like a bad team’s two best relievers even. Whatever it takes to show you’re serious.
Because your owner mandated a reduction in payroll.

What is Kim doing picking at these guys in a spot like that? They were AAA hitters he was walking.

Now I'm pissed off all over again. They got their pants pulled down in a spot they couldn't have been more fortunate. We didn't face Snell or Darvish or half their lineup!

phins

Post by phins »

One more rant...the complete insistence of trying to make [expletive] players into a thing.

This roster currently has Johan Oviedo, Lane Thomas, Max Moroff, Tyler Webb, Matt Carpenter, Jake Woodruff, Justin Williams on it. That's not even talking about the continual "Genesis Cabrera is good! We promise!" part of things.

Is there a lighter 22-26 than that (other than maybe the team that just pulled our pants down due to COVID issues)?

Whew, that was just awful.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Agree with you phins.

I don’t know if it’s DeWitt or Mo or a combo but, but fans back fully and more ads on the field than ever and BP Village, there’s gotta be enough money flying around to trade a 6-10 prospect for some good pitching.

I do not want to see Oviedo, Webb, Ponce de Leon again. And Fernandez can sit in the minors another year. And I do not want to see Gant start again. Even when he won games, he walked a lot and got bailed out by DP balls and defense.

Cue the “but we’re in first place!” stuff. Can’t tell me that lasts with the SIERA and walk rate specifically how it is.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Still made no sense we didn't sign another starter. Mikolas can not come back fast enough

Rick Porcello is still out there. Sign him. And revamp this entire bullpen, ASAP. Waiting until the trade deadline is stupid.

This is a division that we can easily run away with, with just a couple of immediate moves.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
May 17 21, 7:00 am
Still made no sense we didn't sign another starter. Mikolas can not come back fast enough

Rick Porcello is still out there. Sign him. And revamp this entire bullpen, ASAP. Waiting until the trade deadline is stupid.

This is a division that we can easily run away with, with just a couple of immediate moves.
wth Porcello never got signed?