CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 5/16 GDT: Cardinals(Kim)@Padres(Weathers) 6:08 PM CT

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The San Diego Padres are 9-10 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the St. Louis Cardinals who are 9-6 on the road this season. The Padres have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Padres\' starter Ryan Weathers is forecasted to have a better game than Cardinals\' starter Kwang Hyun Kim. Ryan Weathers has a 39% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Kwang Hyun Kim has a 20% chance of a QS. If Ryan Weathers has a quality start the Padres has a 78% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.7 and he has a 32% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Padres win 66%. In Kwang Hyun Kim quality starts the Cardinals win 55%. He has a 42% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 55% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the San Diego Padres is Javier Guerra who averaged 3.58 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 77% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Padres have a 72% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Nolan Arenado who averaged 2.34 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 40% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 53% chance of winning.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

When he homered in the fourth inning, Yadier Molina collected his first career homer at Petco Park. There’s only one current NL ballpark where Molina has yet to homer. Remarkably, it's Coors Field. St. Louis plays four games in Colorado from July 1-4.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Not mad about ESPN getting hosed on having Tatis story line for their ad money tonight.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 16 21, 10:32 am
Not mad about ESPN getting hosed on having Tatis story line for their ad money tonight.
You seem to worry about weird things.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I haven't read any word on whether or not Matt Carpenter will be available from the bullpen tonight after pitching an inning and a third last night.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 16 21, 11:48 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
ESPN has cut many long time good people and most of their remaining profits come from games they planned like this where the star of baseball was going to be playing.

I’m not worried at all, just making cheeky observation. I personally think it’s weirder to see it beyond a comment.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 16 21, 11:53 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
May 16 21, 11:48 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
ESPN has cut many long time good people and most of their remaining profits come from games they planned like this where the star of baseball was going to be playing.

I’m not worried at all, just making cheeky observation. I personally think it’s weirder to see it beyond a comment.
Of all the things about tonight's game that might enter into my head ESPN's ad profits didn't even factor in; that's all I was saying.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »