CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 5/28 GDT: Cardinals(Oviedo) @ Diamondbacks(Bumgarner) 8:40 PM CT

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Arizona Diamondbacks are 9-12 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the St. Louis Cardinals who are 13-12 on the road this season. The Diamondbacks have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Diamondbacks\' starter Madison Bumgarner is forecasted to have a better game than Cardinals\' starter Johan Oviedo. Madison Bumgarner has a 42% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Johan Oviedo has a 27% chance of a QS. If Madison Bumgarner has a quality start the Diamondbacks has a 78% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 5.9 and he has a 49% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Diamondbacks win 64%. In Johan Oviedo quality starts the Cardinals win 57%. He has a 29% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 57% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Arizona Diamondbacks is Ketel Marte who averaged 2.83 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 50% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Diamondbacks have a 71% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Nolan Arenado who averaged 2.45 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 42% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 53% chance of winning.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Johan Oviedo, ranked by MLB Pipeline as the Cardinals’ No. 9 prospect, has spent the onset of the 2021 season split between Triple-A Memphis and making starts for the big league club.

Chalk it up to the roster size or the current point in his development as a pitcher, but Oviedo isn’t worried about either.

Instead, he’s focused on the things that he can control, such as his mindset and preparedness.

“First of all, just always keep your mind clean of any negative thoughts,” Oviedo said. “I'm always trying to work on myself, trying to get better every day [and] control what I can control.”

Oviedo, 23, will start Friday against the D-backs. He was optioned back to Triple-A following his start against the Padres on May 14.

Against the Padres, Oviedo lasted just two innings, allowing three earned runs on two hits while walking five batters and striking out none.

Oviedo fared a bit better in his following start on May 21 at Memphis, going 5 1/3 innings. He allowed three earned runs and struck out four, walking just one batter.

“Last start, I was trying to execute really nice and perfect pitches,” Oviedo said. “In bullpens and long toss, I’ve been working with my catcher and just let him move a lot off the plate. … [and] just stay more middle, middle-out.”

He’s hoping the adjustments made will lead to an outing more in line with his first start against the Phillies on April 28, when he tossed five innings of three-run ball and struck out seven.

“Pretty much our style [is to] pitch more in and out instead of out and in,” Oviedo said.

Manager Mike Shildt is hoping to see consistency out of Oviedo.

“I think that's what it boils down to [for] everybody in the name of the game,“ Shildt said. “He's clearly got the weapons. He's got three to four plus pitches [and a] high-level competitive spirit.”

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

4 pitches!

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Can we have a tight leash on Oviedo today? Woodford should be ready.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

With his hit by pitch in the fifth inning, Edmundo Sosa has been plunked eight times in 44 at-bats this season, making the 25-year-old rookie from Panama the National League leader in the category, just two behind the A's Mark Canha for most in the Majors. Victor Robles of the Nationals holds the modern-era (since 1900) rookie record with 25 in 2019.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I like playing bad teams.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

ImageImageImage

VS

ImageImage