Mo "It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Mo "It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

heyzeus wrote:
June 9 22, 8:34 am
Oh, we're gonna muddle the [expletive] outta this June.
I know this is in jest but they will gladly take a .500 June/July record and roll the dice at the deadline.

Montas and Contreras will be the hot trade candidates. I don't expect Cardinals to touch them (Cards being able to trade with Cubs will cost "extra" anyways. Likely out on Miley too). Eovaldi depending if Sawx are out of it.

If the Dodgers don't mind trading to a competitor in the NL, I could see David Price being the most likely candidate. He's FA next year and Cardinals are infatuated with him. Gibson could be an interesting middle tier guy from Philly. Lorenzen from the Angels. Michael Wacha return???

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Mo "It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

Post by Popeye_Card »

What are the Dodgers even doing with David Price at this point? They seem to be just using him for mop-up duty. I don't think I'd even wait until the trade deadline - float them a mediocre prospect and see if they'll pick up half of his remaining salary (which Boston is already paying half of the original). There's worse ways we can muddle.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Popeye_Card wrote:
June 9 22, 10:30 am
What are the Dodgers even doing with David Price at this point? They seem to be just using him for mop-up duty. I don't think I'd even wait until the trade deadline - float them a mediocre prospect and see if they'll pick up half of his remaining salary (which Boston is already paying half of the original). There's worse ways we can muddle.
Most teams don't like to trade in-season due to leverage being nil. We had a few lockout exceptions and late spring training moves. But not a lot of serious movement. And typically don't see that either.

I would love David Price. He would be a good lefty arm and you know Mo would love him too.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Nothing demonstrates the difference between the Dodgers and Cardinals quite like the Dodgers last pitcher on their bench being someone who would probably be the Cardinals #3 starter.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

phins wrote:
June 9 22, 1:47 pm
Nothing demonstrates the difference between the Dodgers and Cardinals quite like the Dodgers last pitcher on their bench being someone who would probably be the Cardinals #3 starter.
$102mm in payroll differential may help explain it.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

dmarx114 wrote:
June 9 22, 2:29 pm
phins wrote:
June 9 22, 1:47 pm
$102mm in payroll differential may help explain it.
Rays have a better record and longer postseason runs the last five years and almost half the payroll.

Dodgers draft really well and better than any team. No reason any team can't hit on a draft like they do. Lower picks too. And no free competitive balance picks like Cardinals receive. This is a disingenuous statement that doesn't explain fully.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

I wonder is Moz listens to Puddle of Mud. Does he have kids? if they misbehave do they get the muddle paddle?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

It's Muddlin' time

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
June 10 22, 9:46 am
It's Muddlin' time
:cm:

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Peeps be muddlin