Mo "It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Re: Mo "It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

Post by Magneto2.0 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
August 5 21, 11:22 am
Pitching market is thinner than the hitting market this year, isn't it? Probably another reason they unjuiced the ball.
I think there's very solid crop out of starters we can get out of Kevin Gausman, Charlie Morton, Marcus Stroman, Scherzer, Alex Cobb, Danny Duffy, Robbie Ray and some others.

Then there's a few who shouldn't be who they actively go after just because they're more injury prone, but have big upside, and if they happen to fall into their lap, I would love to have like Syndergaard and Pineda.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: Mo "It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
August 5 21, 11:49 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
August 5 21, 11:22 am
Pitching market is thinner than the hitting market this year, isn't it? Probably another reason they unjuiced the ball.
I think there's very solid crop out of starters we can get out of Kevin Gausman, Charlie Morton, Marcus Stroman, Scherzer, Alex Cobb, Danny Duffy, Robbie Ray and some others.

Then there's a few who shouldn't be who they actively go after just because they're more injury prone, but have big upside, and if they happen to fall into their lap, I would love to have like Syndergaard and Pineda.
Morton has been in pre-retirement perpetually for the last few years.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I do not see the team signing an FA starting pitcher or middle infielder. The team is pretty set. They will not give up on DeJong and Edman the way fans have.

The OF is set. And they have a lefty in Williams and Nootbaar to float. Corner infield is set. Catcher, if it isn't Yadi, will be Sanchez/Knizner/some FA like Casali.

I see Mo trading Carlos Martinez to LA for David Price. Perfect bad contract swap for both teams. (He is someone the org liked a lot before) Rather than signing an FA starter, he might sign a vet like Kendall Graveman to handle bullpen loads in late innings while Reyes moves to starting rotation.

Rotation is set already.

Flaherty/Kim/Traded-For-Pitcher like Price then a crop of Hudson/Liberatore/Thompson/Reyes/possibly Hicks. Oviedo as well. Zeuch in the mix too.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
August 5 21, 3:10 pm
I do not see the team signing an FA starting pitcher or middle infielder. The team is pretty set. They will not give up on DeJong and Edman the way fans have.

The OF is set. And they have a lefty in Williams and Nootbaar to float. Corner infield is set. Catcher, if it isn't Yadi, will be Sanchez/Knizner/some FA like Casali.

I see Mo trading Carlos Martinez to LA for David Price. Perfect bad contract swap for both teams. (He is someone the org liked a lot before) Rather than signing an FA starter, he might sign a vet like Kendall Graveman to handle bullpen loads in late innings while Reyes moves to starting rotation.

Rotation is set already.

Flaherty/Kim/Traded-For-Pitcher like Price then a crop of Hudson/Liberatore/Thompson/Reyes/possibly Hicks. Oviedo as well.
They're going to decline CMart's option.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Rotation is set already.

Flaherty/Kim/Traded-For-Pitcher like Price then a crop of Hudson/Liberatore/Thompson/Reyes/possibly Hicks. Oviedo as well. Zeuch in the mix too.
This would be a disastrous offseason.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Rotation is set already.

Pretty tuff to gild this lily!

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Donnie Ebert wrote:
August 3 21, 3:34 pm

So anyway, I started muddling.

With Lester's 200th win, I thought I should add the text to this image so it can be deployed for late-season pixie dust/devil magic usage.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Holy crap, they were patient and they did muddle through it!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Lester, Happ, Leblanc, Macfarland, and Garcia...worked. I don't know how, but it worked.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

heyzeus wrote:
September 21 21, 2:43 pm
Lester, Happ, Leblanc, Macfarland, and Garcia...worked. I don't know how, but it worked.
So did Dotel, Jackson, Patterson and Rzepczynski.

#youneverknow