MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: 6/13 GDT: Cardinals(Martinez)@Cubs(Davies) 6:08 PM CT

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
June 13 21, 11:07 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
June 13 21, 11:02 pm
This wouldn’t be the worst time to be absolutely awful if it motivated management and ownership. There’s theoretically a lot of budget to work with.

But I’m not expecting it.
Right now is when they should make big moves, either way. Even if it’s just a couple smallerish trades to shake up the roster. Gotta at least look like they’re doing something for player morale.
Especially in the eyes of our star at 3rd. You need to put your best foot forward if you're convincing him that he left a loser to be with a winner..

Tags:

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
This wouldn’t be the worst time to be absolutely awful if it motivated management and ownership. There’s theoretically a lot of budget to work with.

Right now is when they should make big moves, either way. Even if it’s just a couple smallerish trades to shake up the roster. Gotta at least look like they’re doing something for player morale.
Truth. I'd prefer to be a seller, but realistically, what do they have to sell?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

phins wrote:
June 14 21, 9:31 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Arenado.

He’s 30, they got him for free, and it’s not the move I’d *want* to make. But he’s a piece. They do have Gorman coming up in less than a year likely.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
June 14 21, 9:50 am
phins wrote:
June 14 21, 9:31 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Arenado.

He’s 30, they got him for free, and it’s not the move I’d *want* to make. But he’s a piece. They do have Gorman coming up in less than a year likely.
I will cut a [expletive].