How good is Yadier Molina, really?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: How good is Yadier Molina, really?

Post by heyzeus »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
October 12 21, 7:39 am
Albert gets a big one. No one tops the decade he had here and DeWitt will work with Moreno on the service time crap and find a loophole. He better anyways. Buy Artie a nice boat with a bow on it.
I haven't seen this issue addressed in the sports press, but it's possible to even likely that the Angels had to buy out that personal services part of the contract when they released Albert.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

heyzeus wrote:
October 12 21, 7:47 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Albert gets a big one. No one tops the decade he had here and DeWitt will work with Moreno on the service time crap and find a loophole. He better anyways. Buy Artie a nice boat with a bow on it.
I haven't seen this issue addressed in the sports press, but it's possible to even likely that the Angels had to buy out that personal services part of the contract when they released Albert.
Ah already forgot about that. Yeah I'd like to know the details there. His statue should already be in design phase.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
October 12 21, 7:49 am
heyzeus wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Ah already forgot about that. Yeah I'd like to know the details there. His statue should already be in design phase.
From the PD after his release (it’s all up to Albert to accept)…
Pujols' contract includes a 10-year personal services contract that was seen at the time as a lifetime commitment by the player and the Angels for life after his retirement. It is worth $10 million, and it is an option he has to accept after retirement. That element of his contract with the Angels continues with them regardless of when he retires, or the team he's on before retiring. He can decline that contract too.
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseba ... 2a878.html

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

So we're signing pujols to a 1-day contract?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
October 12 21, 7:49 am
heyzeus wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
They can just move the one from Westport downtown. Problem solved.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Schlich wrote:
October 12 21, 8:16 am
Heck, I'd even be in favor of having him "make the opening day roster" and giving him one more at bat on opening day.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

GeddyWrox wrote:
October 12 21, 9:40 am
Schlich wrote:
Heck, I'd even be in favor of having him "make the opening day roster" and giving him one more at bat on opening day.
And charge the people a thousand and a half just to see him.

Don't it always seem to go?

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
October 12 21, 12:11 pm
GeddyWrox wrote:
October 12 21, 9:40 am
Schlich wrote:
And charge the people a thousand and a half just to see him.

Don't it always seem to go?
This is what I'm talking about.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

GeddyWrox wrote:
October 12 21, 7:24 am
In terms of Cardinals all-time franchise position players, is Yadi third behind Stan and Ozzie? If you were lining up statues, would Lou go before Yadi? Would Albert still sneak in there?
Really good question. And I think unless you lived through the 1940s to present, it's really tough to make the comparison.

When I think of statues, I think of Cardinals legacy. And no one over the last 40 years (roughly my lifetime) has had a more profound legacy as a Cardinal than Yadier Molina.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

GeddyWrox wrote:
October 12 21, 7:24 am
In terms of Cardinals all-time franchise position players, is Yadi third behind Stan and Ozzie? If you were lining up statues, would Lou go before Yadi? Would Albert still sneak in there?
No way Yadi is above Albert. I'd put it Stan, Albert, Ozzie, Yadi.....