9/14 GDT: Cardinals(Woodford) @ Mets(Stroman) 6:10 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: 9/14 GDT: Cardinals(Woodford) @ Mets(Stroman) 6:10 PM CT

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
September 15 21, 9:38 am
We dont need Ponce. If we cant figure out a way to replace whatever it is that Ponce apparently brings, we dont deserve jack squat. Id replace him with Oviedo today.

That still-shot of Mike holding up the "talk to the hand" as Daniel is getting ushered down the dugout is end of Ponce's career. With the plate in his head, he should give all functioning microwaves a wide birth.
I don't know that it's worth burning an option of Oviedo's just to replace a garbage time reliever.

I mean that's why Happ/Lester were acquired.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
September 15 21, 10:52 am
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
We dont need Ponce. If we cant figure out a way to replace whatever it is that Ponce apparently brings, we dont deserve jack squat. Id replace him with Oviedo today.

That still-shot of Mike holding up the "talk to the hand" as Daniel is getting ushered down the dugout is end of Ponce's career. With the plate in his head, he should give all functioning microwaves a wide birth.
I don't know that it's worth burning an option of Oviedo's just to replace a garbage time reliever.

Oviedo has already been up so you don't use another option; but at the same time I say leave him in Memphis and let him get his starter reps there. Ponce isn't being used for much and won't be used for much down the stretch.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

CardsofSTL wrote:
September 15 21, 10:59 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:

Oviedo has already been up so you don't use another option; but at the same time I say leave him in Memphis and let him get his starter reps there. Ponce isn't being used for much and won't be used for much down the stretch.
I wasnt sure when their season ends. I assumed it was over.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
September 15 21, 11:39 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
September 15 21, 10:59 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:

I wasnt sure when their season ends. I assumed it was over.
At least in terms of making the playoffs.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Jocephus wrote:
September 15 21, 12:06 pm
I guess Goldy could've gone to second there too. Not sure how tight it would've been at first.